stanley thermos flasks

mack8317

had one of the old ones it lasted about 20 years bought a new 1.2l flask and they last about 3 months on my third replacement under warrenty whats the best flask to buy just going to give up on the stanley's there shite!

Tesco S/S cheapy, about £6 for the 1.5 ltr size.
I'm not a fan of flasks but it seems to do the job ok.

Neil. :)

I recently bought a couple of the Jack Pyke stainless flasks - 480ml & 1ltr. They do the job and are nice and slim so fit in the rucksack pocket quite well. The 480ml one holds enough for me when I'm out for a single stalk although the cup is on the small size. We use both together when out for the day, coffee in the big one and hot milk in the smaller, so we can both have our drinks as we prefer them.

http://www.jackpykedirect.com/shop/drinksware/jack-pyke-lightweight-stainless-760996.html

me too lost my old one a while back had it a long time bought two new stanley ones and after problems demanded my money back

ive got a new one after old one gave up the ghost
filled with hot water for a few hours before i set off , made coffee in it went to norfolk stalking stayed over had hot coffee morning after drove home and coffee was still hot enough to drink over 36hrs later mines been tip top

My favourite flask is about 3 inches high and 1 wide and is normally filled affectionally with 12 year old Macallan!!
GT

Buy a Vanco one. I was given one some years ago as an X mas present and its in a different league from a Stanley.

D

am now on my 3rd large stanley food jar, and second small one, they havent lasted at all and i rarely use them. an old vango one i got from an outdoor shop over 5 years ago is still going strong and i use it every day. its now black inside and the mrs tells me its minging, but it all adds to the taste of the brew!!

am now on my 3rd large stanley food jar, and second small one, they havent lasted at all and i rarely use them. an old vango one i got from an outdoor shop over 5 years ago is still going strong and i use it every day. its now black inside and the mrs tells me its minging, but it all adds to the taste of the brew!!

You do know it SHOULDN'T be black inside don't you.... you can't apply the same logic to a flask as a wok! :rofl:

I have a big (1.5L?) stanley, had it for a few years, no problems at all;.. Just got one of the sets with the cooler box and the 1l flask... we will see how this one goes!

Love my Stanley ones. Had one lose heat and it was replaced. All good since and used daily for work.

Back