Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thats it we're off

Thats it we're off

Just setting off out now. Bucks under way !!!!!!!!!

hope you saw a few chap ,out tonight for us !

Good luck to you.

It is the first year I have ever been out for them on the 1st April. I issued the neccessary to a decent cull animal at about 07:45. What a cracking morning to be out!

DC

good luch everyone, hopefully be some good photo's coming onto the site in the next few days

This was the result when the .270 struck. Looking forward to getting the meat off him in the next day or so.

Apologies for the excessive gore in one of the photographs - I only took the two.

DC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0376.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	647.9 KB 
ID:	14198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0375.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	513.3 KB 
ID:	14197

ended up with 2 fallow prickets this morning which was a bit unexpected!!! Had to wait til tonight to get my first roe of the season, pic to follow

The.270 really made a good hole on thr way out, no getting away with that blood loss...

Nice buck in velvet. Mate saw a couple of youngsters but they wouldnt stand for the shot. My evening curtailed by the farmers wife walking quietly up behind me, whilst I sat with my back to a fence post, and shouting "HELLO". Had to go home to change my pants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shootingduckdog View Post

Nice buck in velvet. Mate saw a couple of youngsters but they wouldnt stand for the shot. My evening curtailed by the farmers wife walking quietly up behind me, whilst I sat with my back to a fence post, and shouting "HELLO". Had to go home to change my pants!!!
    The irony, the stalker gets stalked!

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Hi, I don't want to offend you but why did you cull this buck? It is clearly a decent young young animal still in velvet and over the ears. I would hate to think that we are becoming like are Danish friends who think that this would be a good trophy.