Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Hanoverian not Bavarian litter

  1. #1

    Hanoverian not Bavarian litter

    There has been an unfortunate incident between my aged aunt’sPoodle and the local Jack Russell and my daughter, a vet, has confirmed thatpups will be born.
    My aunt has asked me to get rid of them and I have therefore decided to give then away.
    In order to help with this I have decided to call then HANOVERIANS.The Kennel Club has raised no objections as they do not recognise the breed.
    The reason I have called them Hanoverians is that I have noticed that there are a number of people on this website who have paid, I guess, large amounts of money for Hanoverians without papers. These come for free; a much better deal.
    Also I remind readers that Jagare on this website last year reported that a Poodle won the Swedish tracking championship a few years ago and you all know the determination of Jack Russells so this litter will becracking tracking dogs.
    I expect great demand so pm’s will be treated in strict order.

  2. #2
    Georges, you are a very bad man...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Georges, you are a very bad man...
    +1
    But I'll have one only if I can speak the wife round

    https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Georges, you are a very bad man...
    +2

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by barongcw View Post
    There has been an unfortunate incident between my aged aunt’sPoodle and the local Jack Russell and my daughter, a vet, has confirmed thatpups will be born.
    My aunt has asked me to get rid of them and I have therefore decided to give then away.
    In order to help with this I have decided to call then HANOVERIANS.The Kennel Club has raised no objections as they do not recognise the breed.
    The reason I have called them Hanoverians is that I have noticed that there are a number of people on this website who have paid, I guess, large amounts of money for Hanoverians without papers. These come for free; a much better deal.
    Also I remind readers that Jagare on this website last year reported that a Poodle won the Swedish tracking championship a few years ago and you all know the determination of Jack Russells so this litter will becracking tracking dogs.
    I expect great demand so pm’s will be treated in strict order.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

  6. #6
    Iv hear them old Hanoverians are good for nothing other than ratting anyway.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by steyr243 View Post
    just having my usual look on here at the for classifieds bit on here and noticed this non informative, small talk about deer dogs, i struggle to the point of this thread? no offence meant to any one so dont bite my head off.oh and as for the kennel club, before you know it there will be brain dead, over weight, show piece dogs being dragged round a ring to look at with no working ability. why do you think the vh and bgvh so guarded about hounds? because they have been specificly bred for 100s of years to excel at the work they do and not get "watered down" by show breeding and not getting enough live trial work. all this talk of bmh an hs is getting old, how many of the "stalkers" on here have ever seen/worked fully trained bmh/hs on live trails? i agree all what you say barongcw. it is the same as this "deer dog register" its ok talking about it, but what has actively came of it? how many people have used it? in this country there is way to much ego at steak to ever admit mistakes because 100% of uk stalkers never make mistakes and never need specialist deer dogs to AID uk deer stalking. As i said no biting my head off because i wont rise to a argument on something a limited amount of people have any idea about. no offence has been meant, i am away to carry on looking for any bargains and relax until the first clients arrive and sleep will be deprived atb.
    Surely when someone gets a dog for deer that in itself is an admission that occasionally mistakes happen? Do you think they are just bought by some as a fashionable item that is seen now as a 'must have'?

    Obviously if someone pays to stalkl, with a stalker then I would assume very few who take guests out will not have either their own dog or at least immediate access to one.

    At some point in the future you may well see a BMH or HS in a show ring. But that is not to say that a pure working strain will also exist and be sold between stalkers only.

    I agree with your sentiments entirely when it comes to admitting ones fallibility. I used to know a bloke who actually did a lot of stalking, but whenever there was a bad shot or a miss it was always down to the bit of heather he hadn't noticed or the deer moved just as he was squeezing the trigger. Eh no, it was down to his error.

    Surely ego comes way down the list when animal welfare is the topic, or at least should be.

    I think George's is just having a big dig at the KC, and quite rightly so...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by steyr243 View Post
    just having my usual look on here at the for classifieds bit on here and noticed this non informative, small talk about deer dogs, i struggle to the point of this thread?
    Maybe check the date?

  9. #9
    The VH have good reason not to let any show people anywhere near these hounds
    What I think Baron is pointing out on this day is that Hanoverians with certain problems known to the VH have been bred without papers
    Steyr,any hound is better than no hound,however,would you buy let's say labs without hip scores being done?
    If so buyer beware springs to mind.
    Same with Hanoverians,better with papers,even KC papers(in time),people breeding them could put stipulations on the buyer or don't sell to people who don't stalk,I would say large numbers of deer as well not just recreationally but that's my view on it.
    The KC have ruined a lot of breeds but in this country we are stuck with them
    Without proper papers from the continent(FCI)the KC won't recognise these working hounds,ie without FCI papers,before buying a pup I'd be asking about IVSH tests as wellI
    BGS in this country I think have went down the wrong route IMO,one that I hope the HS don't,ie fashion statement route,showing dogs in the ring etc,Grrrrrr!!!!!!!These dogs belong in heavily worked homes preferably with bits of paper so they can be verified without history of certain genetic diseases,eg epilepsy
    Yes I've seen both hounds on live tracks and cold ones and a properly trained handler and hound are a sight to behold IMO when trained correctly along continental ways,this is where the UK has to catch up
    PS Steyr chill it's the 1st and you've a lot of bucks to come

    https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by steyr243 View Post
    yeah yeah, but there are pointless posts of this sort all over this bit, why didnt this thread go into jokes and funnies bit. if only this kind of thread ONLY popped up on the 1st!
    and barongcw was still a fair point though feeling a new thread on the way
    You got the date bit. That was point 1

    Point 2 is that if you buy a second hand car you, I hope, quite carefully check the papers, the registration certificate, the MOT and check up on the owner yet people buy an HS or BMH without doing any checks at all on the pedigree or the owner. Unwise and will lead the problems. The worst I have yet seen is a lady in Germany selling dogs with Bulgarian papers, am told she is on her way to jail but German Justice (like english?) works slowly.

    Point 3 is that without the Kennel Club no litter born in this country will have pedigree papers. That is a fact of life. If I listen to the BMH Society the Kennel Club does not seem to be overly concerned about the work ability. Probably better because I have not yet found anybody in there who knows anything about real tracking. If showdogs appear than so be it. I still would only buy one with a pedigree but I would either want to see the parents work or be told by somebody I trust that they are top working dogs.

    Point 4 In my view a tracking register will only come into its own when the dogs listed on there have passed a stiff test. Too much for one man to organise, I hope the BDS will eventually start one with training courses mainly for the owners (The dogs normally are basically good; they just have to be taught the right way).

    Point 5 is that in the UK people are still embarrassed to admit to somebody that they have missed or wounded. That, in my view, will change over time.

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Puppy Litter Weaning Systems
    By Monarch Country Products in forum Dogs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 20:11
  2. Stolen - Litter of Gundogs, Buckinghamshire
    By willie_gunn in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 10:39
  3. BMH - litter of puppies in the planning stages !
    By leec6.5 in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-03-2011, 10:26
  4. Zerno's litter of pups
    By paintandpins in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-12-2009, 16:42
  5. HWV my pick of the litter
    By biglad in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-10-2009, 17:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •