Thread: stronghold

stronghold

anyone know where you can buy stronghold without having to have a prescription for it?
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Quote Originally Posted by straightbetweentheeyes View Post
    anyone know where you can buy stronghold without having to have a prescription for it?
    regards, Jez.
    If you can you as the buyer and the person selling it are breaking the law. It is a prescription only medicine (POM-V).

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

thanks apache i had a feeling that might be the case! if i go into my vets would they just write me a prescription out for it?
    regards, Jez.

They should if you ask for one. They can obviously make a reasonable charge for doing so and the animals that the prescription refers to must be under the care of the particular veterinary surgeon. That would generally mean they had been physically examined within the last 6 months.

Do you get through a lot of Stronghold? Usually by the time you have got a prescription, found it online, paid postage and sometimes VAT is added at the end you are not especially worse off. Vets aren't evil and money grabbing. If everyone gets their drugs from the internet it will cost everyone more in the end. I'm not ashamed to say that I make money by selling drugs. If I didn't then the professional fees would have to be very much higher. By supporting you local vet by getting some flea treatment and wormer (that works!) you keep them there when you need them at an affordable price. If vets lose all medicine sales prices will easily double for the fees.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

No i dont, first time i used it on sunday, i took my springer to my friends for him to have a look at what i thought may be a tick in the think hairs under his ear/side of jaw and it turns out that he had lice! my pal got a tube of stronghold and and said that it was thee stuff to clear it up, which it did pretty rapidly. so i just thought that i would get a few tubes in just in case this recurred. to be honest i have not asked my vet how much they ask for it as i only looked on the internet when i got home from my mates... obviously i do not begrudge anybody making money on anything, after all you are running a business not a charity.. thanks for all your help and advice.
    regards, Jez.

Tescos, in the pharmaceutical section. Barleys it's a wholesale place. Most big pet shops stock it.

Tescos, in the pharmaceutical section. Batleys it's a wholesale place. Most big pet shops stock it.