Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: synthetic stocks for Tikka T3

synthetic stocks for Tikka T3

Hi All, can anyone tell me how much a synthetic stock is for a t3, it would be as a replacement for a hunter wooden stock, how much are they and has anyone any info on where to get them from?

IMHO you should check out PSE composites

- Home

great stock, superb service and easy to get hold of as they are based in Ireland. cost I think is around the €550 mark depending on what you go for.

thanks for the info, have sent message asking for brochure

Yes buying a standard tikka plastic stock from the uk agent here would probably be close to the price of mcmillan!

thanks everyone will have to keep an eye on classified section over the next few weeks

do you think it will make much difference apart from being more weather resistant, does it affect the zeroing much if you swap them over?

zeroing will change!! and as far as difference the PSE is very light and very stiff, doesn't get affected by atmospheric changes (humidity etc) so will retain its free floating characteristics. and depending on your existing setup, a better head position for your eye and cheek weld.

"Redhawk Rifles" in the States do Bell and Carlson stocks in a variety of colours for the T3 and all barrel channel fits. I brought one home from the States and have purchased from this side as well, should cost you about 225, you will probably get hit for the duty at this end, about 30 but it still makes it worthwhile compared to some of the importers prices, mention Craigellat it may help. I find it to be a very stable stock, straight drop in, action chassis insert so no bedding. It changed my rifle from being accurate to scarey and is an easier carry as well. Best of luck.
    Brora 260

Quote Originally Posted by BRORA260 View Post
    "Redhawk Rifles" in the States do Bell and Carlson stocks in a variety of colours for the T3 and all barrel channel fits. I brought one home from the States and have purchased from this side as well, should cost you about 225, you will probably get hit for the duty at this end, about 30 but it still makes it worthwhile compared to some of the importers prices, mention Craigellat it may help. I find it to be a very stable stock, straight drop in, action chassis insert so no bedding. It changed my rifle from being accurate to scarey and is an easier carry as well. Best of luck.
    Brora 260
    You got any photos of the rifle and stock. I want a new one for my T3 Lite but can't quite fnd what I'm after. Would prefer a thumbhole or pistol grip type.
    A pat on the back is often just a recce for the knife.

My boss says that a replacement factory tikka plastic stock cost 400. I think he was off his head for paying this.