Thread: Holiday Cottage HELP

Holiday Cottage HELP

Looking for inspiration for our familiy holiday this year. My missus has said she will divorce me if we camp this summer so a holiday cottage it is!
    We're looking for somewhere family friendly (we have 2 young boys!) and near the coast. A farm stay would be fab too! We're thinking about maybe North Norfolk, Devon, Cornwall, Dorset, so keeping our options open! Any ideas/ advice/ HELP would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to break the bank either.

Cheers

Jonathon

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint View Post
    Looking for inspiration for our familiy holiday this year. My missus has said she will divorce me if we camp this summer so a holiday cottage it is!
    We're looking for somewhere family friendly (we have 2 young boys!) and near the coast. A farm stay would be fab too! We're thinking about maybe North Norfolk, Devon, Cornwall, Dorset, so keeping our options open! Any ideas/ advice/ HELP would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to break the bank either.

Cheers

Jonathon
    I can point you at a few farm places in mid-Devon if you're interested. It'd be about 25 miles to the beach - but you'd get the choice of both the north and south coasts as they're roughly the same distance. They range from budget to expensive - let me know if you'd like some further details.

How about North Wales?

Llyn peninsular has beaches all round, and plenty of holiday cottages, some on farms

Look up "Nefyn Holidays" online. I know the folk that run the agency. They got stuff on their books to suit all tastes and pockets.

If you are willing to travel this is a nice spot - beach 5 minutes walk, on a working croft so sheep and lambs, wonderful free trout fishing, limited free salmon fishing but lots of paid salmon available, red deer stalking in season in the area etc.

http://www.7south.co.uk/

I remember my time here
    Facilities - Mid Wales Caravan Holiday, Camping Touring Park.

Crabbing in the rock pools, playing in the sea which is just minutes away, fishing for mullet in the river that run alongside the park
    Clarach bay , the sand dunes
    Trips into Aberystwyth to the
    Kids club thou In those days it was not that special but it was a few years ago
    Worth a phonecalls to check out prices and not far to go on a day trip to check it out to see if you could handle a week

Budget would be useful. Will there be some room there for some stalking cash? If so I can recommend a great little spot in the highlands!

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint View Post
    Cheers Jonathon
    Here's a pretty rural place in North Cornwall, not far from the coast and local attractions
    http://www.holidaycottages.co.uk/cor.../mannings-barn