Thread: What and when?

What and when?

How will everyone be deciding what buck to shoot when during the season going by standard of its head?

GT

Cull bucks upto the rut, and if there's a few too many good bucks during / after the rut, then that's when I'll take them. Already have a couple of 'good' bucks I've singled out in a few set areas, so anything else is on the hit list. Will be starting on mine next weekend when I've got a mate down to have a go at 'em.

Tom
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

older spikers/murder bucks and yearling spikers are cull beasts when I see them. big trophy 6 pointers are always on the menu as well (but don't shoot them all, 2-3 a season will do), anything in between I usually see as developing beasts and leave alone, except if they look ill or body condition is poor.

mine have a black cross on them

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I like it! I might have to steal that answer and use it myself if you don't mind :-)

Quality

Seeing as the majority of my stalking is syndicate based, any good animal i see and don't shoot, another member will.
    Having said that the payed stalking that i have planned within the next few months will hopefull result in my first buck, and if i get one on my own land next weekend then happy days regardless of quality as it will be my first.

bloody germans shoot them

I LOVE IT. can't wait to use that one.
    but seriously it depends on many things, the client, how many you have, what you want, the list goes on and is different for everyone, i think you just have to asses your own circumstances and decide.