Choice Of Two Binoculars

RichardP

Hi Everyone

Im after any advice from anyone that has or has had experience in the Leupold Bx-2 Cascade or Steiner Hunter Binoculars in 8x42.

Im looking at these budget binoculars as i cant justify and cant afford the top end range, so i have narrowed it down to the above two
but are struggling to find any decent English reviews.

Many Thanks In Advance

Richard

A friend has the Steiner and I thought they were impressive and it would be easy to glass for some hours with them without problems, unlike some of the less expensive binos which are only really good for use for a short while. The image looked good to me though I didn't get to test them in low light. He is very happy with them.

I tried Leupold bino`s and found them very uncomfortable to use. The glass was good but not nice bino`s really.
My choice would be Opticron at that end of the market.

I had a pair of 8 x 56 Steiner ,Very good but very heavy! Good in low light & no messing about focasing ,once you have adjusted them to you sight thats it! If I remember they were from 30 metres to infinity once adjusted. Some scrout broke into my truck and had em away. Now use Swarovski EL 10 x 42.

Use Steiner binoculars at work, they are adequate, but nothing special. I have a Leupold scope and it is excellent. So optically they must be about even or possibly Leupold have the edge, but I have not used Leupold bins, so go to a dealer and try them in the shop, see what fit your hands, how each set feel. At the end of the day it is how they feel to you not anybody else that counts.

Hello RichardP, if budget is an issue,why not consider a pair of Practika 8x42 or 10x42. Stalked with the 10x for some time and found them very good even in low light.

Hi - have a pair of Ranger Pro's 8 x 56 - great quality, great in low light - probably a little heavy and cumbersome would be my only niggle. Keeep meaning to get one of those bino harnesses.

Great binos!!!

Rich

Back