Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illuminated reticule?

Illuminated reticule?

Just a quick question, are they powered by a battery in the scope or what? Question is I took my scope out of the cabinet and the illuminated reticule was left on. I turned it up to full power but couldn't make anything out although this could have just been due to the light levels in the room?

Sorry as its such a daft question!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Yes, they are powered by a watch-type battery, typically housed either in a separate turret or similar. On some scopes the illumination turns off automatically after a given time. On mine, the illumination brightness can also be adjusted - so I can always see it, even in bright daylight.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks for the reply! Ill have a look at it today and see if it's still not working. It's a S&B zenith; any ideas what size of battery I would need or do most watch-type ones work?

Thanks again!

The one that is in it will have a code on. Varta etc will make a compatable one.

on a Zenith there should be a spare battery in the top of the windage adjuster cap.

Double check it in the dark, because I can barely see either my Zeiss, or S&B IR in daylight.

Cheers for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyL View Post
    on a Zenith there should be a spare battery in the top of the windage adjuster cap.
    Thanks, Ill need to have a look for that. Do you know roughly where abouts I put the replacement battery? Never really occured to me that I would have to replace the one in the scope

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Double check it in the dark, because I can barely see either my Zeiss, or S&B IR in daylight.
    Just tested it and it was barely visible,(in a dark room) and then died out. It was pretty visible on full power on a cloudy day so the batter is definately low on juice!

Unscrew the end cap on the rheostat ( brightness adjuster) You will see two knurled rings, hold the inner one and unscrew the outer. Worth just checking the contacts are clean.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I don't know if the Zenith is the same, but you can see the instructions for the PMII here: http://www.schmidtbender.com/images/...006Edition.pdf

It looks like its a standard CR2032 battery.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!