Thread: three vixen in a night

three vixen in a night

went out last night with a friend on my ground which he was half a houre late and then blamed the wife for him being late anyway got to the farm got set up as we were setting up i could hear the duck down the far end of the field getting up and thought a ha could be the vixen id been after as i shot the dog fox a few days earlier drove down the first track first field with sheep in and the burn running down the right hand side where i heard the ducks and sure enough there she was walking the burn side straight for us my mate got out over the bonnet with his new 243 and zeiss scope bipod set by this time the vixen was only about 70 yards away light on and boom the bloody thing just stood nothing not even a flinch he missed i could not believe it i heard the bolt opening and a round being ramed in the chamber amoungst the swear words that was comeing from his direction by this time the vixen had taken of and was about 100 yards when i squeaked on the caller she stopped dead boom down she went to my mates relief we walked over and picked her up right in the engine room good shot we turned round to go back to the vehicle when we picked up a set of eyes in the field behind the vehicle got back to the vehicle shone the lamp she was about 200 yards out boom one more down went over picked her up same spot in the engine room great get back to the vehicle which is now stinking of fox goes up the track turns and goes back low and behold a pair of eyes in the same spot as the first fox right at the burn side 150 yards mate is out over the bonnet boom missed lots and lots of swear words as the next round was chambered and me pissing my self light back on it had run towards us and sat down looking back at the spot where she had just came from as if to say what the hell was that boom this time right in the back of the head great shot as we were walking to pick her up i asked how he had managed to miss two easy shots i could not make him out as he mumbled i said speak up his reply was i shut my aiming eye at the same time as squeezing the triger

well we were only out a hour and what a great hour it was lol

Been known to miss a few close one's myself, still put it down to fox fever even after 20 years. Trouble is their's always someone to witness the misses an no one with you when you knock over the extreme range ones.

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Been known to miss a few close one's myself, still put it down to fox fever even after 20 years. Trouble is their's always someone to witness the misses an no one with you when you knock over the extreme range ones.
    ye tell me about it i went for a walk with the dog last tuesday scorchin it was rifle in hand i spoted a fox in the corner of the field ranged it at 326 yards lay down boom droped like a stone i was wooping and even said to the dog did you see that lol (she did not answer me i knew i should have got the springer )