.243 Loads

wicklow202

Looking for some loads for the following in .243

70 grain Nosler Ballistic tip
75 grain Hornady vmax
87 grain Hornady vmax

any one any experience loading for the above, the rifle is a tikka t3 lite.

wicklow202

i have some 75gr Vmax - I settled on 47.7gr N160 (no VV data for 75gr and N160 so it was trial and error!)
not Vmax but 87gr interlock SP I use 46.3gr N160 havent really got on with those though.

none of this is relevant as your rifle may respond to different charge weight and powder choice combos

I know it's not one of the bullets you mention, but 42 grains of Re22 behind a 95 grain Nosler BT has proved to be an excellent round for me.

Hi use to use 36.5g of varget with the 87 v-max or up to 37g it was out standing accuracy & a very good powder for your weights of bullets you mention.

i use 38.5 grains of N140 for 75 grain v-max, giving 3200 fps, that was a load i worked up to and it came from lonnie hummel at hornady in the states, sub inch groups thats with federal brass and cci primers, its in a t3 varmint

hi mate,i have a tika t3 lite and use 75 grain vmax for foxes , i use varget and 38 grain and get half inch grouping

It is a while since i made up a batch of 87s but i think its 38.5 grn of N140 that I use. They dont quite touch at the far end but aint far off.

i use 70 nosler ballistic tips with 39grains h4895. good for fox, ive shot a few munties and roe with this roumd and its ok but a bit destructive. if im going for deer i tend to use 100g spbt over 33grains h4895 which gives much better more consistant results so far.

Back