Thread: Combine crash

Combine crash

A Claas combine crashed through the barrier on the A34 not far from my village, I was on my way up to one of my permissions & got the first shot not long after it happened & then the second on my way home. They had just moved the truck back that had collided with the combine & were getting the recovery vehicle into position. The combine driver was very luck he didn't roll down the embankment.

Chris

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Actually it is not a combine it is a forage harvester

Quote Originally Posted by shbangsteve View Post
    Correct, but a nasty incident all the same.

I wrecked my car last week, unpleasant experience.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

My contractor's driver fell asleep once during the maize harvesting season (Oct/Nov when they are going 24/7 and change drivers at 0100 hrs so both get half a day & night) but this is still too early for grass and I note the time you posted this thread so perhaps sleep was the cause ?

It's got a maize header on it , I looks like the truck drove into the back, had a car drive into the back of my tractor once, quite frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by shbangsteve View Post
    Sorry should have looked more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    It's got a maize header on it , I looks like the truck drove into the back, had a car drive into the back of my tractor once, quite frightening.
    Yes reading the local news reports it appears the truck driver was distracted & ran into the back of the harvester punting it through the barrier & off the road, big speed differential
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

[QUOTE=

Yes reading the local news reports it appears the truck driver was distracted & ran into the back of the harvester punting it through the barrier & off the road, big speed differential[/QUOTE]
    He was watching you Chris, now you`re in for it!!
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    He was watching you Chris, now you`re in for it!!
    Beat me to it!

I was waiting for the new thread to start with someone saying:

"I was driving my truck along the A34 the other day and looking at a magnificent roe buck in a field - definite Gold medal - when some guy in a forage harvester reversed into me."

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by deerpath View Post
    this is still too early for grass
    On my way out last night I saw two farms (near Crediton) where they were cutting silage (or haylage or some bloody thing). I thought I was imagining it at first, but when I drove past the second lot doing it I had to believe my eyes!