Best Scope Options

paulmoto

Hi Every body looking for some advice on scoping options for woodland general field stalking I kinda a need a 1scope fits all option any ideas please

Thanks for your responses, great I love the Swarovski options always used them previously and think my budget can stretch to one, being offered a Swarovski 2-10 x 56 Habicht for £550 do you think thats good value ??

Last edited:
Have a look at Kaps Optik Germany. Good quality at a half affordable price.
I had the 2.5-10x50 illuminated and was very happy.
edi

The classic European 3-12x50, or 2.5-10x42 is hard to beat for your needs. If the cash won't stretch that far, a fixed power 8x50 or 8x56 is the answer.

There is a Swarovski PF 8x50 in the classifieds now at around £450, you could do a lot worse than to buy it.

Thanks great I love the Swarovski options always used them previously and think my budget can stretch to one, being offered a Swarovski 2-10 x 56 Habicht for £550 do you think thats good value ??

Thanks great I love the Swarovski options always used them previously and think my budget can stretch to one, being offered a Swarovski 2-10 x 56 Habicht for £550 do you think thats good value ??

The price is not bad, depending on the condition. However, I don't like the 56mm variables, I just think they are too big/bulky and make the rifle top heavy.

I have a Z6 2-12x50 on my main deer rifle and it is just about light enough, I would have no hesitation about going back to the 42mm scope I had on this rifle initially. I seem to be coming full circle on these things. We (UK stalkers) seem to have lost sight of the fact that a rifle needs to be carried and should handle nicely. Big heavy scopes and moderators have ruined our rifles. With the exception of a dedicated long range fox rifle, I am going the opposite direction, light short and handy is where it is at....

As above, I've recently gone back to a 40 obj and the difference in rifle balance is very noticeable.

Not wishing to blatantly plug a scope I have for sale in the classifieds, but the Leupold VXIII long range 4.5-14x40 will cover all your bases. Light weight compact and good light gathering, can be turned down for woodland or up for field, this model also benefits from side parallax adjustment. I am selling as I am the opposite of previous posters in that I prefer 56mm objectives. Each to his own.

For Sale: Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x40 LR with RE Duplex Reticle

Last edited:
Thanks again guys im new to the forum but very pleased with how helpful everybody is Thanks Again

Back