Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Chronograph

Which Chronograph

Can you give me a few pointers as to the best value for money Chronograph to buy

Cheers

Well I hope the answer is an F1 shooting crony as I have just ordered one.
    So come on people is it a or

Neil.

Couple of mates clubbed together and bought a CED. We're on our 3rd one, the first one broke in 1 outing, 2nd didn't even make it that far and didn't work out of the box.

Conversely, another mate bought a Chrony and it is simple, robust, effective and half the price of the CED piece of junk. Just make sure the battery has good charge and the thing is laid out flat, or you'll get some 'creative' readings.

I've used a Chrony for many years. It's been 'Shot' a couple of times, but still functions correctly as the electronics weren't hit. It'll probably carry on until another of my 'Friends' whacks it good and proper!
    Certainly it does everything I require. Don't know which model - but it's a red one, bought around 1998/9.
    Cheers.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Have a Chrony F1 ( I think - its not to hand ) green foldy thing ( tech speak ). Must be pushing 10 years old plus. Good and reliable - just change battery.

Only hit so far was a 300 win mag put a dent in one of the steel uprights.

Found marking guide rods with tape so as to be able to view them peripherally through scope takes a lot of the worry/ guess work out of not placing round through the gubbins ( techy speak 2 ). 'pick up' declines as light fades and there's always a temptation just to drop the bullet a fraction for that last few shots.

However, you would have to be a complete pilchard to do anything like that, oh yes, definately a haddock of the highest order.... luckily doing that to someone elses unit (s ) - twice doesnt count if its ( in old days ) with a Glock 19
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Chrony f1 just make sure if you are testing shotgun shells which is usually @2.5m, make a shield for the led screen for stray wad material'
    Last thing you want is an non readable screen trust me i could run a chrony breakers yard ! had a pro chrony too but imo f1 chronys are best. DF

Last edited by jordang; 04-04-2012 at 14:07.

...made you should order 2 ....the second one will come in hand when you accidently blow a hole in the first one! I just lent mine to someone and now I need to order a new one....it was bound to happen sooner or later
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

I have a CED but it reads consistantly 200-300fps low so i wont reccommend one of them, i am looking to replace it and the Pact chrono looks good.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by jordang View Post
    Cheers for the link, I just ordered another one...maybe I should stipulate you break it you pay for it next time lol. The guy that shot my first one has got me a lot of shooting in the past so that is why I didn't ask him to buy another one.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest