Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Spring Visitors

  1. #1

    Spring Visitors

    Heard my first cuckoo of the season today in sunny Berkshire, anyone else heard one.

  2. #2
    Every hour on the hour mate.

  3. #3
    sadly dont see many around here any more.

  4. #4
    Not in norfolk yet, but I did see a swallow on Saturday, chiffchaff are calling and stone curlew are back, here we go again......best time of year!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by giveittheoffer View Post
    Heard my first cuckoo of the season today in sunny Berkshire, anyone else heard one.
    3 weeks ago in scorton lancashire when out fly fishing DJC

  6. #6
    Cuckoo's? the only thing we have up here at the moment is snow buntings

  7. #7
    We were surrounded by swallows on our walk this evening, not the earliest we've seen them but a welcome sight nonetheless

  8. #8
    Saw a stork in Bedfordshire this week (could've been a crane - no Coles / Ransomes / Hitachi jokes, please?). We've had the white egret for a while but this was the first I've seen in UK.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

    "HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).



  9. #9
    Most likley crane, they're getting much more widespread now, a friend in Oxfordshire had 4 fly over his house last year, being in Norfolk we see plenty if you're in the right places round here, cracking birds!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    Saw a stork in Bedfordshire this week (could've been a crane - no Coles / Ransomes / Hitachi jokes, please?). We've had the white egret for a while but this was the first I've seen in UK.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Most likley crane, they're getting much more widespread now, a friend in Oxfordshire had 4 fly over his house last year, being in Norfolk we see plenty if you're in the right places round here, cracking birds!
    Thanks for that. I thought I was going mad!

    I regularly drive through France / Belgium / Holland / Germany so see plenty, but with you confirming that others have seen them in the UK I now can tell the local "experts" without fear of being ridiculed.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

    "HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).



Similar Threads

  1. New rules for visitors permits
    By barongcw in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26-10-2011, 18:25
  2. Having visitors shoot with you on your permission
    By Jonher in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 17:17
  3. Visitors Permit
    By Boghossian in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-07-2010, 07:20
  4. Garden visitors pt2........
    By re'M'ington in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 20:39
  5. Garden visitors..........................
    By re'M'ington in forum Photos
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-10-2008, 17:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •