Thread: mods

mods

Hi all can anyone answer this query for me,
    I have 7mm 08 unmoderated and .243 moderated the mod is reflex t8 suitable for up to .30 cal . Now when my renewal comes up in a years time i want to use my mod on the 7mm 08(will screw cut this myself)as no point in buying another mod. I can only use one rifle at a time!
    How do i word the application so that one mod will cover both rifles?
    Thanks in advance
    Mark.

I think what i done was just to put in for autherisation to have a mod for my second rifle. They dont need to know wether you are using the same one or buying a second mod.

I was then told that i have on my ticket permission to have a mod. I didnt need to apply for said permission for every rifle
    This came from my chief of police as well

I would just ask your FEO what is best to write that way it comes from the horses assistants mouth

Ads

thanks auquhollie,
    yes when the time came as you have said i wil confirm with the horses mouth assistant
    so long as i can say that it has been done before, which i was sure that it had anyway.
    Thanks again

I was then told that i have on my ticket permission to have a mod. I didnt need to apply for said permission for every rifle

Ads

As the Plods treat each mod as a firearm i.e. you must apply for each and they must be annotated on your ticket I would get what the Chief of Police has said checked out. I have 5 and all of them are on my ticket.

Cervus

I have a single T8 for use on both my 6.5 & .223 they just write it on your ticket no problems.

Let me know if you need help with the wording.

RF

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder

Ads

As the Plods treat each mod as a firearm i.e. you must apply for each and they must be annotated on your ticket I would get what the Chief of Police has said checked out. I have 5 and all of them are on my ticket.

Cervus

I have a single T8 for use on both my 6.5 & .223 they just write it on your ticket no problems.

Let me know if you need help with the wording.

RF
    yeah i did check this out with him and he seemed happy with it !!! I ended up just getting it put on and bought a new mod for each rifle. I just dont trust them, not unless its in writing.

Ads

I use the same mod on three rifles, but I do have space on my ticket for two more. As has been pointed out the Police treat each mod as a firearm, which was quite handy for me recently as there was a chance that I would need to look after a couple of rifles for a few months. I checked with my local firearms department and was told that a simple one for one variation in each case, rifle for mod, would do the trick, and the fact that I use the same mod on three different rifles made no difference, just as long as the moderator I use was on my ticket. So you should be good to go.

John