mods

cervushunter

Hi all can anyone answer this query for me,
I have 7mm 08 unmoderated and .243 moderated the mod is reflex t8 suitable for up to .30 cal . Now when my renewal comes up in a years time i want to use my mod on the 7mm 08(will screw cut this myself)as no point in buying another mod. I can only use one rifle at a time!
How do i word the application so that one mod will cover both rifles?
Thanks in advance
Mark.

I think what i done was just to put in for autherisation to have a mod for my second rifle. They dont need to know wether you are using the same one or buying a second mod.

I was then told that i have on my ticket permission to have a mod. I didnt need to apply for said permission for every rifle :eek:
This came from my chief of police as well :eek: :eek:

I would just ask your FEO what is best to write that way it comes from the horses assistants mouth :lol:

Ads

thanks auquhollie,
yes when the time came as you have said i wil confirm with the horses mouth assistant :lol:
so long as i can say that it has been done before, which i was sure that it had anyway.
Thanks again

I was then told that i have on my ticket permission to have a mod. I didnt need to apply for said permission for every rifle
This came from my chief of police as well

Ads

As the Plods treat each mod as a firearm i.e. you must apply for each and they must be annotated on your ticket I would get what the Chief of Police has said checked out. I have 5 and all of them are on my ticket.

Cervus

I have a single T8 for use on both my 6.5 & .223 they just write it on your ticket no problems.

Let me know if you need help with the wording.

RF

Rangefinder said:
I was then told that i have on my ticket permission to have a mod. I didnt need to apply for said permission for every rifle
This came from my chief of police as well

Ads

As the Plods treat each mod as a firearm i.e. you must apply for each and they must be annotated on your ticket I would get what the Chief of Police has said checked out. I have 5 and all of them are on my ticket.

Cervus

I have a single T8 for use on both my 6.5 & .223 they just write it on your ticket no problems.

Let me know if you need help with the wording.

RF

yeah i did check this out with him and he seemed happy with it !!! I ended up just getting it put on and bought a new mod for each rifle. I just dont trust them, not unless its in writing. :lol:

Ads

I use the same mod on three rifles, but I do have space on my ticket for two more. As has been pointed out the Police treat each mod as a firearm, which was quite handy for me recently as there was a chance that I would need to look after a couple of rifles for a few months. I checked with my local firearms department and was told that a simple one for one variation in each case, rifle for mod, would do the trick, and the fact that I use the same mod on three different rifles made no difference, just as long as the moderator I use was on my ticket. So you should be good to go.

John

Back