View Poll Results: Would You Be Willing to Enter Your Deer Dog In A Voluntary Test?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

14 82.35%
  • NO

3 17.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Voluntary Deer Dog Test

Voluntary Deer Dog Test

(sorry, I couldn't help myself...)

As above and simple, yes or no.

If you are prepared to offer yours and your dogs services in tracking wounded deer (or simply for your own benefit), would you be prepared to enter voluntarily your dog in a test, assessed by a recognised expert offering guidance for you and your dog if the cost was between 30 and 50.

Test days held at different locations around the country on ground offered by like minded enthusiasts...

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    (sorry, I couldn't help myself...)

As above and simple, yes or no.

If you are prepared to offer yours and your dogs services in tracking wounded deer (or simply for your own benefit), would you be prepared to enter voluntarily your dog in a test, assessed by a recognised expert offering guidance for you and your dog if the cost was between 30 and 50.

Test days held at different locations around the country on ground offered by like minded enthusiasts...

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex100 View Post
    Good sport...

Is this a test to discover if your dog is a voluntary deer dog - or a voluntary test for deer dogs? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Is this a test to discover if your dog is a voluntary deer dog - or a voluntary test for deer dogs? I'm confused.
    test for the dog and handler to show it is of a standard to be relied upon should it be called to find a wounded beast...

I also have my tongue firmly in my cheek.

ive got no problem with it because i know my gog will pass it !

ill even offer the use of a 2000 acre estate in south norfolk for a venue hows about that .

i would like to ask a question as i am really interested in this as i am learning as i go . to do a test do you fence off areas so no other scents get laid by live quarry and at what timescale would you allow after. being that dogs can track days later. what would be the longest time a deer was wounded and a dog has started to track ,atb wayne

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    ive got no problem with it because i know my gog will pass it !

ill even offer the use of a 2000 acre estate in south norfolk for a venue hows about that .
    With tongue firmly in cheek I would react by saying your dog might well pass but what about you as the test is most likely (believe no format has been decided as yet) a test of both the dog and the handler.