Thread: Infra red illuminator

Infra red illuminator

Can anyone point me in the right direction of an infra red illuminator that will give good illumination out to about 300yds?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Can anyone point me in the right direction of an infra red illuminator that will give good illumination out to about 300yds?
    What kind of NV is it to go alongside? If you've got tubed NV, then you'll need something around 850nm, but if it's digital, then you'll probably need to go for something nearer to 940nm. The only way to be sure though is to try the kit with your rig to see how well it works.

I have just bought some from Scott country,Laserluchs and Pulsar,Laserluchs is probably the better of the two but not by much but it is around 500 against 100 for the Pulsar,i would say 300 yards is pushing it a bit,talk to Paul at Scott country i found him very helpful,if you want to talk to me before you buy one PM me and i will be glad to help, cheers

Get a decent lamp and buy an IR filter for it, that should easily get you out to 300yds.

I use a Dipol L3 with an envis for spotting, and 400 yrds is no problem for it