A cheap roe safe

david1976

I would love a roe safe but cant really justify the cost of a new one.

Whilst trekking round IKEA earlier today, I picked up one of the following items:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/44361010/?query=bryne

At £7.99 it is considerably cheaper than the likes of a roe safe and is machine washable. I just need to get a hulahoop or something similar to widen the bottom end a bit, my thoughts being to put the hoop under the hanging deer and tie a knot in the excess netting.

Planning to put a gambrel in the top to hang the deer from.

Suitable for roe deer.

did you get the hot dog or the meatballs?

Whilst trekking round IKEA earlier today, I picked up one of the following items:

At £7.99 it is considerably cheaper than the likes of a roe safe and is machine washable. I just need to get a hulahoop or something similar to widen the bottom end a bit, my thoughts being to put the hoop under the hanging deer and tie a knot in the excess netting.

Suitable for roe deer.

Definitely meatballs 10, 15 or 20...no red sauce ta, endless coffee...I will look at the nets next time i`m taken to Bristol....ta

Last edited:
Normally i go for meatballs chips and gravy and dimebar cake for pudding but in a rush today due to the bad weather.

What a great spot ill be popin into ikea soon

Suitable for roe deer.

I've picked a couple up down side was only had kids ones so mine has clouds stiched on t netting !! They also do a curtain of the same material which could be cut down for use in the field and there would be enough left over to make a similar cover using off cuts of t blue water pipe as t frame??!

Try length of 15mm plastic water pipe + connector from any plumbing supplies for the bottom ring.
I like your idea

There are ok for occasional use but don't last and tear quite easily I don't know how much a roe safe is nowadays but I only paid £50 for mine the same amount as you lose by binning a fly blown roe buck carcass.

The cheapest option which I have done is to get an old double bed sheet, fold in half and sew along two edges to create a big sack. The turned over hem at the top can be unpicked at the end and a string passed through to make a draw string closer. Cheap as chips. Everyone has spare sheet they never use, find one game on.

Back