Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSC home learning .

DSC home learning .

As an employer I have to research various training programmes required for my employees to get legal or industry standard certificates of competency or expertise in certain matters, and have found recently that much can be done online at a much more sensible price,
    So iím wondering are the administrators of the DSC able to make an affordable online course that will deal with everything but the shooting and safety test.
    I am sure that something that costs about 20 % of a 2 weekend excursion (possibly with board and lodgings) would be very interesting to the punters,
    The rifle and safety aspects could be dealt with at a range, and with a sensible sized group the price could be kept down
    I would imagine a great many stalkers already have the experience to deal with this from home and donít need a great expense at the present time of financial difficulties, and those wanting to attend the courses still can. Perhaps if the DSC is not financially motivated the Ďassociationsí could think towards this for their membership.

It wont be ground breaking, people have been completing degrees at home for years

Any thoughts

If this has already been discussed my apologies

Quote Originally Posted by mash67 View Post
    As an employer I have to research various training programmes required for my employees to get legal or industry standard certificates of competency or expertise in certain matters, and have found recently that much can be done online at a much more sensible price,
    So i’m wondering are the administrators of the DSC able to make an affordable online course that will deal with everything but the shooting and safety test.
    I am sure that something that costs about 20 % of a 2 weekend excursion (possibly with board and lodgings) would be very interesting to the punters,
    The rifle and safety aspects could be dealt with at a range, and with a sensible sized group the price could be kept down
    I would imagine a great many stalkers already have the experience to deal with this from home and don’t need a great expense at the present time of financial difficulties, and those wanting to attend the courses still can. Perhaps if the DSC is not financially motivated the ‘associations’ could think towards this for their membership.

It wont be ground breaking, people have been completing degrees at home for years

Any thoughts

If this has already been discussed my apologies
    I did the now discontinued BDS online course, it worked fine for me but I did have to put in a lot of hours during the dark winter evenings. atb Tim

Just buy a manual, learn it, sit the tests.

It's all available "assessment only".

You jst have to look. The courses deliver a lot more understanding than just a certificate.

Stan

oh i didnt realise that it was available online,should have looked harder but have never heard it mentioned before.
    my other point is that some already have much of the understanding just need a certificate
    Matt

i did my study at home and did a 1 day test couldnt get the time off work for 3 -4 days,atb wayne

a weekend is a good measure for both home learning and real world input on the 2 days to tie it all together. Most guys that turn up well practiced in passing the questions side of the assessments enjoy the course more as they are more relaxed more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mash67 View Post
    that will deal with everything but the shooting and safety test.
    I don't see any practical way of doing the written assessment and trained hunter assessment other than in a conventional invigilated exam environment.

I did mine some years ago now but then there was an interactive cd training aid with all the test Q&A's. It would give you all the knowledge required and run mock test exams. I imagine it's no longer available because it was too good and all you needed to do after a month or so of self testing was rock up to an examination test day and do the exam and range/field test.
    I think it was about £30 but that was in 2002

i used the jelen interactive learning centre it cost about a tenner a month do the exams over and over till u get consistant good passes then i did assesement only with bds shooting test and safety awarness took no more than an hour no hanging around then written exams the next day took 3 hours results were given straight away i passed with ease confident that i knew the question bank .the deer id is a different bank of photos each time so you can get some tricky ones there was about 12 people on that course who had done 4 days and payed over 350 quid and not all passed i think it cost me 160

SD Regular
    As per Deer Magnet's post - the Jelen ILC should give you all you need to know - and talk to Jelen about Assessment Only or a bespoke course delivered at your premise if you have a group of guys that need to get through it. Mike is most amenable and has delivered bespoke courses to needs like this all round the country.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........