DazT

Yep its official - today i became a pensioner at the age of 39
eek.gif

23+ years done in the forces - looks like i'll have to get a proper job now
eek.gif

GIZ A JOB!!!

Atb
Daz

Enjoy it. :tiphat: F£$k knows what the pension scheme they're bringing in for us in 2015 will be like, but I'm damn sure that pusser doesn't change these things to benefit us...

Hi thanks guys!
Still looking for a syndicate place now i've got more time on my hands :)
Think it will feel strange for a while but hopefully being a civvy will "click" soon enough!

Cheers
Daz

Hey Daz,
If you are happy being a pensioner now, wait until you reach the age of 55 ;) you'll be even happier then :D
That's assuming you commuted to enable you to get a leg up in Civvy street.

Enjoy it. :tiphat: F£$k knows what the pension scheme they're bringing in for us in 2015 will be like, but I'm damn sure that pusser doesn't change these things to benefit us...

Pish, is the answer, thankfully I'm out in 2014,

Daz, all the best for the future, hope it's not a daunting as some have led me to believe.

TJ

Nice one mate, I join you as a pensioner on 16th Sept, after just over 22yrs under the drum. Looking forward to getting some shooting done, already joined a pheasant syndicate, just got to sort some stalking now. Sod all hunting here in Cyprus, unless you regard thrushes as game!

Thanks a lot lads! Yep i commuted the max allowed as my reasoning is that the lump sum is tax free but the pension isn't!
Yep hope its not too difficult to get a job ?

Cheers
Daz

Oh, it's a doozy! Serve 22, then get a small resettlement grant. After that you then have to wait 'til you're 65 for any further payments. I'd definately not recommend the forces as a career after this latest shafting.

Back