Thread: Fox caller

Fox caller

Since I could not afford a Foxpro caller and just got a new Android / smart type phone I would utilize it as a fox caller . I down loaded various sounds off "www.varmintal.com/ " got myself a little 2 x 2 watt speaker off the bay ( item No 8808993616435) the speaker is small and surprisingly loud for its size and good value at 13.

The calls I have found good at are a mix of cotton tail (rabbit) and jack rabbit (hare) with 1 or 2 minute silences between the calls , mouse squeaks are also good on low to really draw in shy foxes I use this in conjunction with hand calls and have had good success. I also found setting the caller up away from where I am positioned and let it run is very productive as well .

i have learnt to put your phone on silent or in the middle of bringing in a fox you will get either your ring tone or text message sound echoing across the fields , this can do two things make you look a fool and frighten off the fox.

Quote Originally Posted by griffshrek View Post
    Since I could not afford a Foxpro caller and just got a new Android / smart type phone I would utilize it as a fox caller . I down loaded various sounds off "www.varmintal.com/ " got myself a little 2 x 2 watt speaker off the bay ( item No 8808993616435) the speaker is small and surprisingly loud for its size and good value at 13.

The calls I have found good at are a mix of cotton tail (rabbit) and jack rabbit (hare) with 1 or 2 minute silences between the calls , mouse squeaks are also good on low to really draw in shy foxes I use this in conjunction with hand calls and have had good success. I also found setting the caller up away from where I am positioned and let it run is very productive as well .

i have learnt to put your phone on silent or in the middle of bringing in a fox you will get either your ring tone or text message sound echoing across the fields , this can do two things make you look a fool and frighten off the fox.
    I can recommend a very good fox call that I bought a couple of years back, its the Johnny stewart attractor 1,got mine from Cabelas if I remember it was 26 quid delivered,they are on sale here but of course at a highly inflated price,they have a good speaker and remote that works up to 60 yds or so, they dont have the range of calls the foxpro has but then they are not 200,I have shot a lot of foxes using mine and can recommend them for people on a budget.

Excellent use of the mobile phone