BASC Deer dog days

hi Rob D,
ive not been on one run by BASC but ive attended on one run by the NGO last year and found it very informative and a good place to start for a novice
jimmy

hi rudi,
yes i enjoyed our talk on things, if your ever over here please let me know, as i would love to meet up again and pump you for more tips of the trade.
kind regards
jimmy

Will be in England from 3 till 6 may with Georges and Robbo , do some training with the dogs

As per Jimmy M, I went on an NGO day last year, and it was a good place to start for a novice. The day was aimed at giving you the basic knowledge and techniques, on which to build a basis to move forward with your dog with your own training.

I have a lab, used for beating, picking up, and rough shooting, however, having worked on blood tracking / trailing a deer skin since this course - albeit at a basic level, and using what I learned from the day, I am now very happy that my dog will find a deer should it run over a short distance, and on two occasions, he has been brought in to find runners ( 70M and 85M approx ) which we would probably not have recovered in the forestry where they were shot.

If you have a dog, and stalk deer, then I would recommend these days as a good place to start to get unbiased, well intentioned information, which will start you on the right road. Watching the dog work a trail out is actually quite addictive, and thrilling when they get it right.... especially for a lab !!!!!

All the best.

Neil.

Back