Thread: Interesting stats on gun ownership

Interesting stats on gun ownership

Mentioned on fieldsports tv (news stump) and showing a map of legal gun ownership, interestingly the gun crime hotspots, Central London, Birmingham and Liverpool have the lowest legally held firearms...

So it seems the answer to guncrime is more legally held guns
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

That map is a funny one.

According to my FEO Chelsea, Kenstington and Fulham, Hammersmith have the highest gun per person ratio in the country.

If look at that map it would suggest very different.

Eggy s you would have to take out, guns held under diplomatic immunity ,personal protection and the police to get the true figure.

got to have your chelsea gun in your chelsea tractor.

paul
    I have guns because i love shooting, what i hate is red tape and been screwed by a Dishonest Government.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I believe that Northern Constabulary has more legally held firearms per head of population on their books than any other area in UK.

As we all know, gun crime is not being carried out by legally held firearms, infact most FAC holders are 110% law abiding, they (We) value our FAC to much to risk the possibility of loosing it.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Eggy s you would have to take out, guns held under diplomatic immunity ,personal protection and the police to get the true figure.
    True

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Mentioned on fieldsports tv (news stump) and showing a map of legal gun ownership, interestingly the gun crime hotspots, Central London, Birmingham and Liverpool have the lowest legally held firearms...

So it seems the answer to guncrime is more legally held guns

There is a book by John Lott called "The Bias against Guns" in which he shows the very strong correlation between minimal restrictions on gun ownership and low crime in the USA. Interestingly, the states that have moved to highly restrictive gun ownership to minimal restrictions have see crime fall.

States like Texas have a gun friendly concealed weapons policy, wonder why muggings are rare, like most gun crime it's crook on crook , gun crime rearly affects the general public.