Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticks ( News report on Breakfast News )

Ticks ( News report on Breakfast News )

I watched a report on Ticks this morning BBC Breakfast News ! There is an increase in ticks in the UK and are worning people about Lyme disease, the Park ranger from dartmoor seems to think its ok to use EYEBROW pluckers on ticks ??? I believe that if you squeeze the body of a tick it regurgetates the contents of its stomach and thats how people get the infection ( Lyme disease ) . He did mention tick plyers but that was at the end of the slot... Am i right about the squeezeing of the body ???

ATB

Steve........

Quote Originally Posted by Dekit View Post
    Am i right about the squeezeing of the body ???

ATB
    Steve........
    Yes.

Don't use tweezers get a proper tick remover
    Al

I watched a report on Ticks this morning BBC Breakfast News ! There is an increase in ticks in the UK and are worning people about Lyme disease, the Park ranger from dartmoor seems to think its ok to use EYEBROW pluckers on ticks ??? I believe that if you squeeze the body of a tick it regurgetates the contents of its stomach and thats how people get the infection ( Lyme disease ) . He did mention tick plyers but that was at the end of the slot... Am i right about the squeezeing of the body ???

ATB

Steve........
    You certainly are mate have a look here Home page: BADA-UK this charity was set up by a woman who was left in a wheelchair by lymes disease tons of info on there,the best tool for the job is a tom o tick twister my dogs get quite a few so use it on a regular basis it really is easy when you use the correct tool for the job.....

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    You certainly are mate have a look here Home page: BADA-UK this charity was set up by a woman who was left in a wheelchair by lymes disease tons of info on there,the best tool for the job is a tom o tick twister my dogs get quite a few so use it on a regular basis it really is easy when you use the correct tool for the job.....
    +1
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I had one in my side when i returned home from a fishing trip once, horrible things, luckily i managed to remove it safely before it burrowed in properly. Everytime i return home from fishing/hunting or just being out in the field i check myself over just to make sure theres no more.

Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
    I had one in my side when i returned home from a fishing trip once
    Was sitting on the throne contemplating the infinite (as you do) and spotted one on the inside of my knee - that was despite all sensible precautions - they are determined little sods.

ATB

Steve........
    100% right to remove them get a Tic twister called O Tom Tick Hooks from Bush Ware. www.bushware.co.uk Tel 0845 226 0469. Also if you pull the body you will possibly leave the head behind embedded in the skin this usually results in an abcess.

Jimbo

Why not show BADA some support and buy a couple of packs from them.

http://bada-uk.org/products/tickremover.php
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    Why not show BADA some support and buy a couple of packs from them.

http://bada-uk.org/products/tickremover.php
    Exactly......