Thread: Ray Mears, Alan Wood Woodlore knife for sale

Ray Mears, Alan Wood Woodlore knife for sale

Howdy doody folks,

Something a little different here! Spreading it about a bit so it may go elsewhere.

Up for grabs is a genuine Ray Mears/Alan Wood Woodlore knife.

It's in 01 Tool steel with Birdseye Maple handle scales and a leather neck sheath made by Alan Wood himself. Later models have sheaths made by another leather worker.

These knives are much sought after by collectors and Bushcrafters. You may think "What's it doin' on 'ere then?" Well I've been using a newer one of these for nearly 10 years for stalking, soldiering and everything in between, so it's more than capable as a stalking knife, as long as you're willing to put in the time to clean and oil it after each gralloch etc.

Here are some pics:

It's worth mentioning that there's currently a 10 year waiting list for one of these!

This one is approximately 17 years old and is from one of the very very early batches that were sold by Woodlore on their courses before the meteoric rise in demand for them.

Due to the 10 year waiting list and the vintage of this knife it ain't cheap, so it has to start at 500. This may seem un realistic to the vast majority of folk on here, so I'd appreciate it if all thoughts/comments to that effect are just kept as thoughts and not posted.

I do love to 'aggle, so any reasonable offers will be considered and 'aggled upon!

Payment through BACS or cash on collection over a Roe stalk in West Sussex preferred.

Naturally Over 18's only.
    Last edited by digger9523; 06-04-2012 at 18:36.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

if i ad the dosh .......yes yes yes i would av it in an instant sadly no dosh !

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    if i ad the dosh .......yes yes yes i would av it in an instant sadly no dosh !
    Open to offers mate, in theory it's well worth the 500 shekels, in reality it's only worth what someone will pay for it. I'd much prefer it went to a "Working" home than to a collectors drawer, hence I've posted it here
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Bert! These blokes won't 'aggle!

im thinking a swop for my wife and a mars bar and maybe the mars bar will clinch the deal
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

Quote Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
    im thinking a swop for my wife and a mars bar and maybe the mars bar will clinch the deal
    Very tempting mate, but sadly for you, it's just sold!