Thread: what to do with 6.5x55 brass

what to do with 6.5x55 brass

what to do with 6.5x55 brass? I have a bunch of once fired norma and federals from my father, and brothers in law, but I personally don't shoot one, I just started collecting their brass after I realised there's a use for them either in re-sale or in reloading. I reload myself of course, but not for that calibre.

I am looking to add one or two calibres onto my FAC this year, so my question is: what calibres and wildcat calibres can 6.5x55 brass be reshaped for? just wondering if it's worth me keeping for a future project, or if I should just be a good samaritan and pass on to someone in the classifieds section.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    what to do with 6.5x55 brass? I have a bunch of once fired norma and federals from my father, and brothers in law, but I personally don't shoot one, I just started collecting their brass after I realised there's a use for them either in re-sale or in reloading. I reload myself of course, but not for that calibre.

I am looking to add one or two calibres onto my FAC this year, so my question is: what calibres and wildcat calibres can 6.5x55 brass be reshaped for? just wondering if it's worth me keeping for a future project, or if I should just be a good samaritan and pass on to someone in the classifieds section.
    The obvious 6.5x55 Ackley Improved and a rare one, 6mm Vais which is the swede case necked down and blown out to 40 degree shoulder.

Ian.

ok, decision made.

i would say to stick with what you have, you dont need any more....

... then send me the brass as im always happy to take it...

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    i would say to stick with what you have, you dont need any more....

... then send me the brass as im always happy to take it...
    Man. You beat me to it!

For good practice, you should really only use single LOT, new brass for a wild cat project. I've been reforming brass and wildcatting for over 30 years and this was a lesson hard learned, early on. Sell it and go down a different route. JMHO.~Muir