Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are these black/red spots normal on roe dear fat?

Are these black/red spots normal on roe dear fat?

Well finally after 6 or 7 attempts managed to kick of my buck season this morning and when just tiding up the buck ready to take him to the farm shop i realised these small black/red marks on the fat around his fillets and just wanted to check they were normal. I noticed nothing strange when doing the gralloch but no am just checking as its been a while since i did a gralloch and only my second solo deer so felt it best to check before selling it.

and here is the buck i am very happy with him.

Thanks,

George

Very nice buck! Can't help you with the black dots,(I've always just assumed they were blood clots).

beautiful buck! wow, that's bigger than any buck I've ever had,,somehow the big 6's just manage to end up on the wall of my brothers' in law every time they come and visit,,,good for them, but bugger! LOL..

that just inspired me to good try and find a nice clean 6 pointer tonight, lets wish for good weather.

ps. I've seen little blood clots like that before, usually when it's a fatty buck/deer, and never worried about it tbh. good on you asking the forum to ensure you get things spot on

oh, and CONGRATS

Perfectly normal they are lymph nodes, surprised you did not cover this in your meat handling.

Thanks for the comments guys got him in to the farmshop and weighed in at 48.5lbs so biggest buck i've shot yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Perfectly normal they are lymph nodes, surprised you did not cover this in your meat handling.
    May well have done it in DSC1 but i forgot so thought it best to check just in case.

George

George, thats a very big Buck, was that weight green gralloch and head and legs still on, if its clean weight, I would say its exceptional

clean weight gralloch head and legs off.

George

Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post
    clean weight gralloch head and legs off.

George
    Thats a very good weight.

Congratulations

Very nice head and very heavy beast, when cleaning the head boil it full skull, dont cut it, because if it's got the weight (over 500g) then it may make a medal.

Well done.

Moose