Marathon

User00004

Hello All,

Firstly, I would like to thank the SD Team for putting this on their site.

I am heading back to Afghanistan this year, in the very near future, it is my intention to run a Marathon while over there (in one go) to raise some money for this worthy cause.

It is only in the very beginning of the planning phase, as I don't know what the date will be as I don't know what I'll be doing at any one time, but I plan to train for it so I can do it at the "Drop of a hat", so to speak.

I would like to ask Fellow Members on this site for donations, both Cash and Items, I will run a small Auction along side of this, but don't want that to be the main feature.

Once I am settled in Afghanistan and have a clearer idea of when this is likely to take place, I will post on here.

Please don't PM, Admin/Sikamalc/JAYB, about this, all correspondence will be through me, The SD team have agreed to let me use this site to spread the word about this event, they are not running it.

This is no way linked to the March and Shoot event and is only linked to The Stalking Directory to publicise the event.

Thanks again to the Admin Team for this.

Cheers

TJ

Stu (Tartinjock)

Having only met you the once at the CLA last year, You came across as a good and honest person, with a true love for stalking and deer.

I for one am fully behind what you are doing, in the respect of raising money for our service men and women. And also for you and your service to our country. God speed, keep you safe and we all look forward to your safe return home. There is a place for you in Scotland when you get back, just get back safely.

Oh and by the way GIVE EM HELL!!!

My very best wishes to you and your family

Sikamalc

Good luck TJ, you can count on my donation when the time comes.

Keep us posted and most importantly, come home safely.

Gez

Stu

I will give you some cash for doing that,

all the best and keep safe.

Tahr

Stu, The welfare of our soldiers is an issue that is all too often overlooked.
I do 'give as you earn' through my work & as H4H is a registered charity, I will write you out a charity cheque when you require it.
I'm sure I can stretch to at least £20. Danny

Good Luck TJ.

We are all very proud of our servicemen.

Go and do what you got to do and do it well mate, then get back nice and safe and start posting again.

Will be thinking of you and your family.

Take Care

Steve.

Stu,

I am going to the Gulf tomorrow and will keep an eye on the forum as well. I will give a few quid or an item when the time is right. Keep your head down, and I will catch up with you when you get back.

Cheers,

J

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank everyone who has posted on this thread and all who have PM'd me.

Again the support for the cause has been fantastic.

I will be setting up a "justgiving" link on here nearer the time, unfortunatley, it needs a date for the event, which I can't give at the moment as I'll not know what I'll be doing from a week to week basis, I might have to suggest a date and then explain this clearer in the text box on my link, I'll deal with that nearer the time.

I have set a cash target for the Marathon, I'll not broadcast it, I just want to achieve it. I'm 35 years old, no spring chicken but not past it just yet.

I 'll hopefully get some good info when over there and post as and when I can.

Cheers Again for ALL the comments and PM's.

Take Care

TJ

tartinjock said:
Hello everyone,
I'm 35 years old, no spring chicken but not past it just yet.

Take Care

TJ

Tartin'

Most top marathon runners don’t peak until they are over 30, so you are just at the right age. ;) Ord Wingate liked his Chindits to be over 30, as he said younger men did not have the endurance.

Best rgds

Tahr

That's me here, slowly settling in, it's hot through the day and extremely dusty.

I have ropped in a couple of other willing volunteers to participate in the Marathon, we will be trying for the last week in June.

Thanks again to the Admin Team and to all the members who are supporting this.

All The Best to you all.

TJ

Will be glad to support you mate when you have the justgiving site set up.
You and the rest are doing a sterling job for us and I'm glad to help.
Keep the head and the rest down, stay off the news.
ATB
Geo

Back