Thread: Crows on red deer

Crows on red deer

Out walking down in Devon this morning I spotted a red hind lay out in the field with 2 crows on her back. Over the next 20 mins the crows would fly off and new ones would take there place. The nice bloke in the local informed me they were collecting hair for their nests. What a pleasure to see and a first for me.
    What rarities have you seen over the years?

I shot at a Fallow a while ago in the rain and missed it completely!!
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

The black fox in this weeks shooting times should explain some of the big cat sightings over the years. The photo could be mistaken for a cat by a novice at a glance.

There's was really dark one at the motorway edge the other day, the m8 near the fort. Darkest one I've seen but not black certainly

I was a water bailiff for a few summers, and one morning, about 0500, came across this mess of moving feathers in the middle of a riverside track. When we went for a look, we noticed it was a buzzard knocking lumps out of an adolescent barn owl. When we got a bit nearer, the buzzard flew off, leaving the owl to make a very slow stunned flight to the nearest tree. Weird as. Never seen two raptors fighting each other before.

Quote Originally Posted by dingwall_dave View Post
    I was a water bailiff for a few summers, and one morning, about 0500, came across this mess of moving feathers in the middle of a riverside track. When we went for a look, we noticed it was a buzzard knocking lumps out of an adolescent barn owl. When we got a bit nearer, the buzzard flew off, leaving the owl to make a very slow stunned flight to the nearest tree. Weird as. Never seen two raptors fighting each other before.
    Once witnessed an aerial dogfight between a pair of Hoodies & a Buzzard, one Hoody decided enough was enough & latched talons with the Buzzard, the pair began to spiral downwards looking like a giant Sycamore seed!, couldn't see the outcome as they went down behind some trees.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!