Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Form 101 wording

Form 101 wording

I'm about to fill out my FAC application now that I have full club membership. I want to get a deer legal calibre for use on accompanied/payed stalking. My issue is I don't have and named land but would like to my own rifle for stalking. Is there a correct way of wording it and is it feasible to get this on my ticket?
    Thanks
    Dom

I would just put 'for use on paid and invited days'. If they want specifics they will ask when the FEO comes out to see you, you can then either book somewhere or get something in writing. More than feasible, bit of a chicken and egg but just by making your intentions clear on the form may well be enough. You need to start somehow!

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry Havoc View Post
    I'm about to fill out my FAC application now that I have full club membership. I want to get a deer legal calibre for use on accompanied/payed stalking. My issue is I don't have and named land but would like to my own rifle for stalking. Is there a correct way of wording it and is it feasible to get this on my ticket?
    Thanks
    Dom
    Contact your local FLO ask them what's needed, they will probably want proof of booked days either previous (To prove you have done) or up and coming (To prove you are actually going to do). Without good reason, they won't give.. I have heard on here that some will only authorise with 3 or more bookings in the near future.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Book a stalking trip and send a copy of the booking in with your application, the FEO will then cross reference & confirm it with where you have arranged to stalk. In my experience not only did Hampshire Police delay returning my certificate until after the opportunity to attend the arranged stalk had passed, it was also accompanied with some rambling nonsense letter implying that once I had been on my paid stalk my good reason for deer stalking would no longer exist and that after 6 months they would consider partially revoking that part of my certificate. I had to involve the Home Office to resolve the matter.atb Tim

Here in kent mine wanted me to do DSC1 which i did then on the next visit (different FEO) he also wanted me to do some stalks and supply evidence of these as well as some future bookings. So after jumping through a few hoops finally got him to agree to my application and paperwork gone in for a .270. But apparently theres a 5 month backlog so who knows when i will next see my cert?

I think I've probably said this before, but I'm shocked at all the hoops you have to jump through in the UK. I'm sure many people who would like to take up the sport are put off by all the hassle (a good deal of which doesn't seem to have any legal basis and is purely on the whim of the individual FEO).

It shouldn't be (much) of a problem, you already have full club membership so there's the 'good reason' to own a deer legal calibre. All you need is for the wording on your ticket to read something along the lines of "The rifle and sound moderator shall be used for target shooting and zeroing on approved ranges and for deer stalking whilst accompanied"
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    I think I've probably said this before, but I'm shocked at all the hoops you have to jump through in the UK. I'm sure many people who would like to take up the sport are put off by all the hassle (a good deal of which doesn't seem to have any legal basis and is purely on the whim of the individual FEO).
    I think that's the idea
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Thanks for all the advice, I'm booked on DSC1 in July, I've got a couple of stalks thanks to 223 novice offer and will book 3 or 4 stalks in the doe season. If I can I'll book a couple of stalks in the summer. So far since December I've completed 4 stalks with 3 deer grassed. I'm hoping this will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    It shouldn't be (much) of a problem, you already have full club membership so there's the 'good reason' to own a deer legal calibre. All you need is for the wording on your ticket to read something along the lines of "The rifle and sound moderator shall be used for target shooting and zeroing on approved ranges and for deer stalking whilst accompanied"
    Thanks Si, I'll keep a note of the wording and suggest it.