Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nightvision zero

nightvision zero

just thort id share as nightvision can be a right pain in the ass to zero in

if you get a large cardboard box and make sure it is sucure so that wen it is hit with the bullet it dose not move (and the obvius of back stops behind as card is not a backstop) place a small tortch in side the box and make a small hole in the center of the box so that wen you look through the nightvision you can see the light comeing through wen you aim athe the light you will be abul to see wer your bullet lands due to a new hole being made by your shot and that will give you your impact point and you can go from ther

hope this helps

ATB Tim

If you use high-end kit, this doesn't work - the flare produced by the light makes it nigh-on impossible to get a consistent aim point. Instead, I put a large cross of black insulation tape on a white cardboard box and place it at 100 yards.

I use a white 1 inch circle sticker that has been stuck in the middle of a 2.5 inch "shoot n see" target.
    This gives great contrast between the cross hair and the target.
    I zero at 70 yrds which means the bullet is back in the bull at around 160 yrds. ( where most of the shots take place )

ATB
    Alan

I have read that using a small disc of silver foil gives a decent reflection of IR to aim at.
    doesnt solve the problem of seeing POI though

Yeah good info will try this tommorrow

Halfords sell a reflective material on a small roll that can be cut to whatever size needed and stuck on a card sheet etc, this will reflect ir at any range, a little like the reflection from charlies eyes. Or if you cant get to halfords an old reflective jacket cut into small pieces and stapled will do the same job.
    Best to start zeroing at 25yds then work up to normal shooting range.

I try and collect the cats eyes from the road that get displaced and fit them through a cardboard box or something similar, they make a really good point of aim with night vision and even if you nail one when zeroing at 100 yards it isnt the end of the world.
    Just one point of caution.... if you do hit them they really do explode.

regards

Colin

We use a box with a candle in and that does the same thing as the torch each hole allows you to see where you hit

Quote Originally Posted by willowbank View Post
    Halfords sell a reflective material on a small roll that can be cut to whatever size needed and stuck on a card sheet etc, this will reflect ir at any range, a little like the reflection from charlies eyes. Or if you cant get to halfords an old reflective jacket cut into small pieces and stapled will do the same job.
    Best to start zeroing at 25yds then work up to normal shooting range.
    +1
    I use the reflective material from old hi vis jackets.