Zeiss Conquest

pmooser

Has anyone got a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 scope, how good are they, i was thinking of purcahsing a second hand one with target turrets and Zeiss No.4 reticle. This will replace a Sightron Big sky 3.5-10x50 which is a very good scope in its own right.

I have a Conquest 6.5-20x50 plex reticle target turrets on my foxing rifle, it's a cracking scope, great light gathering and lamping scope, i would say it's even better than a Sightron S111 in my opinion, i personally think the NO.4 reticle is a bit on the thick side for long distance shots, hence the reason i got the plex reticle

As about I had a no4 ret conquest in the past. Was a great scope for foxing under lamp. But ret is to thick for
Long range vermint and targets. It covers them.

So I sold it and got the same model in z plex 6.5x20x50. Also got the 4.5x14x50 with same zplex ret.
Imo they offer the best performance for price and features. Being 25 mm tube make them nice and light to.

Last edited:
I bought one and was disapointed with it, I didn't think it lived up to the Zeiss name, after a short test on my HMR I sold it on.

Bought a 6.5-20x50 plex with target turrets a few years ago. Bought another last year and would even like to have a third.
I don't think there is any other scope on the market that can match. Simplicity, optics, weight and price.
Had a guest over two weekends ago who shot my rifles, he even admitted that these scopes are lovely hunting/varmint scopes.
(This Guest was heavily involved in designing the Leica Magnus scope)
edi

There was a interesting review of a Conquest, Minox and Meopro on the Opticstalk forum, the Meopro looked very good and at around £450 for the 6/18x50 might be worthwhile considering, i looked through the 3/9 in a local dealers and thy are very good.

Back