Thread: Broke in the new Grill.

Broke in the new Grill.

I assembled my new charcoal grill this weekend and gave it a test last night with some grilled whitetail steaks and veggies. I brushed the steaks melted butter and sprinkled with white pepper, salt, and basil before tossing them on the hot grill. Seared for a few minutes in each side and set them off to one edge while the veggies grilled with the lid down. The steaks finished cooking to a med-rare and absorbed a wondeful smoky taste. Absolutely delicious with a crispy salad. It's going to be a good summer.~Muir

Sounds great, mouth watering in fact.

Ever used a dutch oven?
    Buried in a fire pit?
    Cheers
    Richard

Yup! I have. I have several good, tight fitting iron ones. Usually I use it for stews and roasts. I like steaks bloody!~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Yup! I have. I have several good, tight fitting iron ones. Usually I use it for stews and roasts. I like steaks bloody!~Muir
    Muir, what do you do with the shoulders?
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Muir, what do you do with the shoulders?
    basil.
    I bone all the meat I butcher, including the shoulders (aka, front quarters) and these I cut into either stew, stir fry, or the large pieces get cut thin and used for fajitas. Back strap, tenderloin, and rear quarters all get cut into steaks. Neck meat is almost always made into stew or fajita.

I am not fond of venison marrow so I never cut through bone when butchering, nor do I cook bone-in meat sections. My brother is really fond of venison barbequed ribs but I usually end up putting a bullet through these so I haven't tried cooking them myself.~Muir