Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Enfield .303 Fazakerley 1954 No 4 Mk II

Lee Enfield .303 Fazakerley 1954 No 4 Mk II

Lee Enfield .303 No 4 Mk II

Built Fazakerley 1954.

All numbers match, including bolt, magazine and bayonet.

One of the 'Irish Contract' rifles, which I believe was built but never shippedto fulfil the contract.

This was then sold as surplus to the USA, went into store, and then bought atauction there in 2010 by EFD Rifles, shipped back to the UK via Brian Dick,stripped, rebuilt, correctly headspaced and proofed by EFD.

It has seen little use, and shoots excellently out to 600 yards. I have onlyput around 100 rounds through it since I bought it from EFD in Jan 2011.

Comes fitted with a Mk 1 ladder rear sight (a better sight than the Mk II).

(I am currently using it with an A J Parker Twin Zero TZ 4/47 rear aperturesight and Parker Hale six hole peep, shown in last photo).

As can be seen it is in excellent condition, price 550 fitted with the laddersight, or 100 extra fitted with the AJP 4/47 aperture.

Can be sent RFD to RFD at purchaser's cost.

Still available

Looks like a nice rifle, it's a shame I don't have a slot for it on my ticket
    Last edited by PointBlank; 21-04-2012 at 07:34.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Looks like a nice rifle, it's a shame I don't have a slot for it on my ticket
    Get a variation in then!

So much fun to shoot one of these, and still pretty accurate today

Price reduction, now 495

Is this Rifle still for sale I am quite interested I have one on my certificate so there would be no waiting around

Fazakerley No4

In fact I am very interested and will take it if it is still available, you can e-mail me if you wish Donmar357@aol.com to discuss arrangement for collection or shipping and method of payment.

Hoped you would have got back to me by now, I have now found another source for a No4 Mk2 so deal is off I am afraid sorry !!
    Last edited by Donmar357; 26-04-2012 at 21:32. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Donmar357 View Post
    Is this Rifle still for sale I am quite interested I have one on my certificate so there would be no waiting around
    In fact I am very interested and will take it if it is still available, you can e-mail me if you wish Donmar357@aol.com to discuss arrangement for collection or shipping and method of payment.
    Hoped you would have got back to me by now, I have now found another source for a No4 Mk2 so deal is off I am afraid sorry !!
    I didn't see your posts as I have been working long days the last few days, however if you had sent me a PM I would have got an email notification to my work email address and responded straight away!

Quote Originally Posted by David TS View Post

Lee Enfield .303 No 4 Mk II

Built Fazakerley 1954.

All numbers match, including bolt, magazine and bayonet.

One of the 'Irish Contract' rifles, which I believe was built but never shippedto fulfil the contract.

This was then sold as surplus to the USA, went into store, and then bought atauction there in 2010 by EFD Rifles, shipped back to the UK via Brian Dick,stripped, rebuilt, correctly headspaced and proofed by EFD.
    I have one of these rifles. If yours is from the same batch as mine, you will find the Irish armourer's acceptence mark on the barrel (it is small and looks like two superimposed F characters above two stretched W characters, like this FF | WW only vertical) and also the proof mark of the Bavarian proof house. I got mine long before 2010 so they could be from the same production but sold as surplus at different times.

-JMS