Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: zebra skin

  1. #1

    zebra skin

    hi folks i have a modern zebra skin that i really don't have the space to display so i'm thinking about selling it. just wondered what is a fair price for an item like this and whats the best way to go about selling it (dealer, auction house etc).

    its never been on display and is therefore in mint condition.

    many thanks, matt
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

  2. #2

  3. #3
    wow thanks gg33 guess i should have done a search first

    anyone want a zebra skin then?
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jammiedodger View Post
    wow thanks gg33 guess i should have done a search first

    anyone want a zebra skin then?
    Bugger, before the other post went on I was going to offer you £20 to take it off your hands, as a favour mate...

    How many of them are running about in Fife?

    Good luck with the sale Matt.

  5. #5
    Guys,

    I shot one last April. Trophy fee was £400 as it was a mare and a cull animal. £60 to get it tanned and I picked it up on my next trip nine weeks later. (comes back as a curio rather than hunting trophy).

    Couldn't fit it in anywhere. A USA girlfriend of a friend made the mistake of looking at my photos and saying "gosh, I wish....."

    Her wish was granted.

    I'm now being offered "you must come" trips to USA all because I spent £60 to take a skin home.

    I don't bring "stuff home anymore" because I'm full.

    Trying to get the cost of your "animal" back if you fetched the trophy is not a value.

    Stan

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Bugger, before the other post went on I was going to offer you £20 to take it off your hands, as a favour mate...

    How many of them are running about in Fife?

    Good luck with the sale Matt.
    dunno if its for sale yet brian just clearing the decks a bit and wondered what it was worth really.

    if you really want it I`ll do a swap for that pretty .308 you were trying to off load!

    Could even deliver if you want I`ll be moving to Duns next week!!!!!!
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jammiedodger View Post
    dunno if its for sale yet brian just clearing the decks a bit and wondered what it was worth really.

    if you really want it I`ll do a swap for that pretty .308 you were trying to off load!

    Could even deliver if you want I`ll be moving to Duns next week!!!!!!
    Really! The draw of the Borders!!!

    Drop me a PM and tell me more...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Guys,

    I shot one last April. Trophy fee was £400 as it was a mare and a cull animal. £60 to get it tanned and I picked it up on my next trip nine weeks later. (comes back as a curio rather than hunting trophy).

    Couldn't fit it in anywhere. A USA girlfriend of a friend made the mistake of looking at my photos and saying "gosh, I wish....."

    Her wish was granted.

    I'm now being offered "you must come" trips to USA all because I spent £60 to take a skin home.

    I don't bring "stuff home anymore" because I'm full.

    Trying to get the cost of your "animal" back if you fetched the trophy is not a value.

    Stan
    Noted stan and thanks, however as I didn`t shoot it I`m not trying to recover any costs or such like. it was a gift, made when i lived in a much bigger house so i wondered if anyone else might be intrested as its a shame not to have it on display.

    Its a bit like having an enormous appendage or a pair of sunglasses in fife, nice to own but of limited use!
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

  9. #9
    They sell at Joberg airport for 10000 Rand = £1000.

    Regards

    Davie

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Zebra skin
    By Roebuck270 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 17:31
  2. Deer Skin
    By ishshiv in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-12-2011, 12:38
  3. Pac-skin
    By popey in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-05-2010, 09:47
  4. By the skin of his teeth?
    By finnbear270 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-04-2010, 14:34
  5. skin or not
    By tolley in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 21:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •