Thread: zebra skin

zebra skin

hi folks i have a modern zebra skin that i really don't have the space to display so i'm thinking about selling it. just wondered what is a fair price for an item like this and whats the best way to go about selling it (dealer, auction house etc).

its never been on display and is therefore in mint condition.

many thanks, matt
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

wow thanks gg33 guess i should have done a search first

anyone want a zebra skin then?
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by jammiedodger View Post
    wow thanks gg33 guess i should have done a search first

anyone want a zebra skin then?
    Bugger, before the other post went on I was going to offer you £20 to take it off your hands, as a favour mate...

How many of them are running about in Fife?

Good luck with the sale Matt.

Guys,

I shot one last April. Trophy fee was £400 as it was a mare and a cull animal. £60 to get it tanned and I picked it up on my next trip nine weeks later. (comes back as a curio rather than hunting trophy).

Couldn't fit it in anywhere. A USA girlfriend of a friend made the mistake of looking at my photos and saying "gosh, I wish....."

Her wish was granted.

I'm now being offered "you must come" trips to USA all because I spent £60 to take a skin home.

I don't bring "stuff home anymore" because I'm full.

Trying to get the cost of your "animal" back if you fetched the trophy is not a value.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Bugger, before the other post went on I was going to offer you £20 to take it off your hands, as a favour mate...

How many of them are running about in Fife?

Good luck with the sale Matt.
    dunno if its for sale yet brian just clearing the decks a bit and wondered what it was worth really.

if you really want it I`ll do a swap for that pretty .308 you were trying to off load!

Could even deliver if you want I`ll be moving to Duns next week!!!!!!
    Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by jammiedodger View Post
    dunno if its for sale yet brian just clearing the decks a bit and wondered what it was worth really.

if you really want it I`ll do a swap for that pretty .308 you were trying to off load!

Could even deliver if you want I`ll be moving to Duns next week!!!!!!
    Really! The draw of the Borders!!!

Drop me a PM and tell me more...

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Guys,

I shot one last April. Trophy fee was £400 as it was a mare and a cull animal. £60 to get it tanned and I picked it up on my next trip nine weeks later. (comes back as a curio rather than hunting trophy).

Couldn't fit it in anywhere. A USA girlfriend of a friend made the mistake of looking at my photos and saying "gosh, I wish....."

Her wish was granted.

I'm now being offered "you must come" trips to USA all because I spent £60 to take a skin home.

I don't bring "stuff home anymore" because I'm full.

Trying to get the cost of your "animal" back if you fetched the trophy is not a value.

Stan
    Noted stan and thanks, however as I didn`t shoot it I`m not trying to recover any costs or such like. it was a gift, made when i lived in a much bigger house so i wondered if anyone else might be intrested as its a shame not to have it on display.

Its a bit like having an enormous appendage or a pair of sunglasses in fife, nice to own but of limited use!
    Johnny Cash

They sell at Joberg airport for 10000 Rand = £1000.

Regards

Davie