Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harkila prohunter boots

Harkila prohunter boots

General Enquiry,

Was thinking of buying a pair of Harkila Prohunter boots...... but have seen some very negative comments on the net in relation to poor performance, and bad feedback regarding trying to return them to the supplier under complaint. Are there any fellow shooters able to offer any advice, or willing to share their experience and advise of suitability of these boots. In essence, are they fit for purpose ? or can you suggest a suitable lightweight boot as an alternative, any comments would be much appreciated!!

Regards

John

Have used them the last 2 seasons and am fairly happy with them. Not had any experience of returning goods to Harkila so can't make comment. The boots are comfortable, keep your feet warm and so far not let in water despite a good few soakings. As yet my only complaint would be that even although I have looked after them, washed off mud, treated them with cleaner etc they probably do not look as good as leather. When the time comes for replacements would it be another pair of pro hunters - I am not sure.

Gazza,

The outers are leather.

Stan

Used mine for 2 seasons now also and have no complaints at al, great boots. I have only heard very positive feedback re Harkilas customer service, was it the shop or Harkila that were being difficult ?

I had a pair that lasted less than two years with little use, they started letting in water so sent them back and got a pair of Meindl Dovre in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Gazza,

The outers are leather.

Stan
    Yes I know, I meant smooth leather

Gazza,

One boot does all, I don't think so.

All down to the Wellie boot - Trekker - Mountain boot - Winter thermal conundrum.

Stan

Bought a a pair in Jan this year. The best thing I ever did. Blows Le Chamue (or however they are spelt) out of the water

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

I have the mountain hunts insulated and have had them for nearly two years and rate them highly indeed.

George

I bought a pair just after Christmas and so far i'm finding them a quality bit of kit! Warm, dry and good support so I cant recommend them enough.