Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price Difference In Lapua Brass

Price Difference In Lapua Brass

Checking the price of Lapua brass in 308, The Sportsman Gun Centre have it at 54 for a box of 100 cases, Midway UK are after 91.

Has anyone bought it from either and can confirm if these prices were correct? seems a massive difference from one place to another...???

Current RRP should be around 56 so Sportsman is correct.

If you need some i have some here.

There is also some of the small rifle primer 308 Lapua brass about and it is significantly more expensive than the standard stuff. It seems it is a new trend with the benchrest/target folks that small rifle primers are more accurate than the bigger ones!

Hi,

I have bought some from Sportsman at that price.

Les

Quote Originally Posted by danpd View Post
    Current RRP should be around 56 so Sportsman is correct.

If you need some i have some here.
    Thanks for the offer Danpd but I have had a PM offering some as well. Much appreciated though...

Are you comparing the same product could the Lapua cases from Midway be the Palma version that takes small rifle primers rather than the normal large rifle primers? The Lapua .308 Palma cases normally sell at a higher price.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    There is also some of the small rifle primer 308 Lapua brass about and it is significantly more expensive than the standard stuff. It seems it is a new trend with the benchrest/target folks that small rifle primers are more accurate than the bigger ones!
    Just checked again. Small primer Palma 308 brass 96. 91 seems to be the price for standard 308 brass cases.

22-250, 127.98
    243, 120.94
    6.5x47, 135.33

And best of all, 6.5-284, 150!!!! I have checked, they are all 100 boxes. I must have lost touch by using once fired from factory for a few years but these prices seem way too much....

That's frightening - boy am I glad that I was able to pick up a couple of hundred once fired Lapua .308 cases for a very reasonable price last year. I dread to think of the cost of something a little less common such as 8x57jrs or 9.3x74r which I normally obtain once fired from Germany.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I'll tell you what, if our travelling friends get wind of the current value of brass cases they will be pitching up at every range in the country on the rake...

I presume that everything Midway UK sells has come from Midway USA. Their Lapua cases will have had two trips across the Atlantic to pay for. That would at least account for some of the price difference.

Yorkie.