Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaser rifles: True cost

Blaser rifles: True cost

Can't help noticing that in one sporting publication there is always a list and prices of the gear used by the Author. However when a Blaser rifle features (quite often) the it's POA in the price column.<BR><BR>Any thoughts/comments.<BR><BR>D

if you have to ask you cant afford one!

If it's the same magazine that I am thinking of you should also note the star rating sytem and a possible bias towards products advertised in the magazine. For instance there is in the May edition a write up that mentions a Tikka 595 and a Shmidt and Bender 8x56 which are both well regarded by most shooters. These only get a 4 star rating while other products advertised in the current magazine get a five star rating.
    There is also a full page advertisment for Tasco products that includes a camera which funnily enough just happens to be the editor's choice amongst other similar cameras on the following page.
    In many cases the person who wrote the article doesn't really know the retail price of the products that they are placing (I think that's the advertising term used for product placement) because they haven't paid it. Perhaps I am wrong and just being cynical or what.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

That is because most people who write for mags are given everything they use and don't own anything! They have to say how great it is caus if they don't then they get no more freebies and articles to write!

I wouldn't go that far chopper but often it's true. You have to take many reports in some magazines with a very big pinch of salt. I would be unlikely to buy on the recommendation of a single article in a magazine.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Maybe we should start a petition for a Top Gear style shooting program. If the company thinks its gear is up to it then they send it to be used and abused with a bit of comedy thrown in and if it still performs at the end of it then it might be worth buying. If somebody wants to sponsor me I don't mind giving it a go?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Maybe we should start a petition for a Top Gear style shooting program. If the company thinks its gear is up to it then they send it to be used and abused with a bit of comedy thrown in and if it still performs at the end of it then it might be worth buying. If somebody wants to sponsor me I don't mind giving it a go?
    Have to find your own stig too! haha

plenty of stigs on here just look at the profiles .......about me a ........big fat zilch !

If you want to know what the actual price of a Blaser is, go on Guntrader and see what is being listed. I have seen prices from 1800 to 2300 listed for a new R93 Professional. Mounts are another 300. No idea what the actual RRP is, or if it is even legal for a manufacturer to set an RRP.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    plenty of stigs on here just look at the profiles .......about me a ........big fat zilch !
    There's only 1 Stig...

Stig