Available: Syndicate Member Wanted for South West Edinburgh (NO DSC needed)

Buckbones

SORRY SYNDICATE NOW CLOSED

A college of mine has 1500 acre block of woodland /moorlandstalking south west of Edinburgh up for lease.
The nearest town is West Calder

Around 1000 acres of fairly open woodland along with clearfell patches and good rides and the rest open more land.
There is several high seats in strategic positions on theland.
It has a good head of deer but not anything in the way ofreal trophy bucks. But the land gives up around 30 roe and the odd sika peryear. The carcass belongs to the rifle
The land is open to all stalkers including the inexperiencedguys out there. But I have been informed that it is possibly more suited to theexperience stalker.

There is only 5 places available at £600 per gun.
Lease runs from April 2012
Stalkers need open ticket and insurance.
No DSC needed
For further details PM me and I will pass on the Leaseholders phone number.
Cheers Andrew

Last edited:
Are you sure about West Calder being the nearest town. I know that area very well and I would be very surprised if there is even the odd sika anywhere within 20 miles of West Calder. Perhaps West Linton?

Last edited:
This is a classic example of things being advertised on behalf of others. Andrew I'm sure it is a genuine offer but would it have not been better for your friend to have joined the site and advertised this himself. There is money involved in this and that alone should surely be enough for people to quite openly state their case themselves, advertising is becoming quite a blurred area on here lately no doubt due to the sites increasing popularity and potential "client base". This does not mean though that we or our members are here to be taken advantage of, we shall have to look closely at the way things are being offered on here in the future. I have no doubt that whatever decision we come to will offend some and inconvenience others but I am afraid that if people cannot do the right thing then we shall have to impose guidelines relating to advertising items.

John

Would agree,Jayb, why not consider any lease for profit, trade? Trade payment from holder not third party, then we know if it is a business, jim

The migration of Sika from the area of Peebleshire has been quite strange. They seemed very keen to move in a northerly, westwards and southerly direction, but not so much to the east. These are rough directions before anyone gives me eastings and northings.

I was told that a Sika stag had been seen not far from Lauder last year by guys that have done a bit of stalking. I put a post up here about it.

Whilst I suppose it is not impossible for the odd Sika to find its way in that direction I would also suggest like the posts above are, that there is no way a resident population could be considered as being in that area.

Having said that, a fallow buck was found trapped in a garden in Edinburgh about 10 years ago after wandering in to the city from a population in the area of South Queensferry. The owner of the garden did not then advertise syndicate places....

i very much doubt any sika out there. i am between said area and west linton with 7500 acres and never seen any sign of sika, nearest sika reported is 3 miles south of westlinton. good luck with filling the places

I did get a reply and all the spaces were filled within 1 hour of the guy turning his phone on.
Competition for syndicate places on here is very fierce.
From my own experience there does seem to be a few guys looking for a place in a syndicate - with no success.
There are probably a few guys that are members of 2/3/4 syndicates?

It never fails to amaze how many people out there are happy to **** on someone's bonfire.

If you're not interested in an advertisement then why pick hole's in something you have no intention of joining & put other potential members off? It is surely the responsibility of the interested party to ask for cull figures, view the ground & make the judgment call for themselves whether it is worth the money or not.

Obviously there was a genuine concern from the moderators for the way in which it was advertised, which i am 100% certain was a mere oversight on buckbones part... as for the other non constructive comments on here, what's the need?

I see that the syndicate was filled within a short time of being advertised though.
Im glad that not everybody on here looking for stalking listens to the "know it all" regulars, otherwise nobody would ever gain any stalking from the site.

Every time a new advertisement comes up the "stalking oracles" come creeping out of the woodwork to throw in their tuppence worth on why it shouldn't be.

Grow up & allow people to make their own minds up.

I could not agree more with Deer Assassins post.
Having spoken to the lease holder I am satisfied that he is a genuine bloke who has offered stalking at an affordable price and luckily for me reasonably close to home.
For me the presence of Sika is niether here nor there and if I can get a few Roe off the ground I'll be a happy man however the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

I could not agree more with Deer Assassins post.
Having spoken to the lease holder I am satisfied that he is a genuine bloke who has offered stalking at an affordable price and luckily for me reasonably close to home.
For me the presence of Sika is niether here nor there and if I can get a few Roe off the ground I'll be a happy man however the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Glad to hear you were succesful in getting some stalking. The SD site has helped an immense amount of people out, and Admin are proud of the fact.

HOWEVER, I must agree with what JAYB has said. We are getting rather tired of those who are advertising on behalf of other people WHO ARE NOT members of this site. Therefore we, Sikamalc, JAYB and csl, owners of this site will be looking at making some changes, in that direction.

Hi all
I have sent an apologetic PM to the site staff. But for everyone else how wants a dig. I do understand what the site staff are getting at. But for the record I did not profit from the advert nor had any other intentions but to help a 70 year old boy move some land that he had but no longer stalked.
I'm sorry but I was open and honest that it was not my land or lease up for grabs. I could have said it was mine and no one would have known. I also see some having a dig that I did not get back to them sorry but I was inundate with emails over the land. I thought I had got back to everyone.
It was a one off and will not be doing it again
But I am glad 5 guys have got some land to stalk on

Cheers Andrew

I think the problem is this if you Advertise on here you have had to meet the requirements of the ADMIN team and if the advert is not entirely truth full then you will be held responsible. If you are putting it on for some one else and the advert is not what it should be who will the disgruntled client turn to (ADMIN)
So the 30 posts before advertising would then look rather foolish.
PS Ck I hope you get your SIKA deer from there but i doubt it very much they seem to be moving west not north and believe me sika can be in one area and not another only 2-3 miles away.

Back