7mm-08 long wait for delivery

docholiday

I have just ordered a Tikka 7mm-08 and have been told its a six month wait for Tikka to deliver, it might come earlier but we will have to wait and see. Have been happy with my Sako 85 6.5x55 but at nearly half the price I am sure the Tikka will be more than adequate just needed a faster flatter round for some exposed land in Suffolk with Reds on and something for the Boar, besides can never have to many rifles.:lol:

7mm-08 is a very useful calibre I have paired mine up with a 25-06 which between the two cover everything in the UK. 75-120gn in the 25-06 120-150gn in the 7mm.

......just needed a faster flatter round for some exposed land.........

Really?

In the mean time, handload that 6.5 with 120gr BT's or 130gr Accubonds, or try and buy some Norma Factory 120gr BT's and tell me if the Swede isn't fast or flat enough.

You can hit 3,000 FPS no bother with 120gr's in the Swede.

I know but sometimes a man just needs a new gun

Really?

In the mean time, handload that 6.5 with 120gr BT's or 130gr Accubonds, or try and buy some Norma Factory 120gr BT's and tell me if the Swede isn't fast or flat enough.

You can hit 3,000 FPS no bother with 120gr's in the Swede.

I know but sometimes a man just needs a new gun

Undoubtedly, we can never have too many rifles or shotguns.

The 7/08 is a fantastic round, I might well go for one next, I am just saying the 7/08 will not be significantly faster or flatter than the 6.5.

Undoubtedly, we can never have too many rifles or shotguns.

The 7/08 is a fantastic round, I might well go for one next, I am just saying the 7/08 will not be significantly faster or flatter than the 6.5.

A new gun.:-| Now the truth comes out!:D I agree with CD. A 120 out of a 6.5 is fast and flat.~Muir

i,have 2 7mm08,a sako 75 and a tikka 595 synthetic and the tikka shoots everybit aswell as the sako and was half the price,had a xbolt in 708 and did,nt get along with the trigger and the bolt did,nt always pick up a round out of the magazine,no more xbolts for me.

When I was quoted 6 months for a Tikka it wan't delivered until 15 months later.

Never again. Its much quicker to get something built on a good used action and not much more expensive.

MacLeods have sako 75 and tikka 595 on thier site I have tikka 695 in 6.5x55 shoots 100gr.siera sp ok just geting sako 75 up and running:D

I had a Tikka T3 in 7mm08 and sold it to buy a Sako 75 in the same calibre. What I don't like about the Tikka is having to push the safety off to lift the bolt in order to empty the chamber. I would be very tempted to buy the Sako 75 in 7mm08AI if I were in need of a new rifle, I couldn't wait six months!
When I wanted to upgrade to Sako from Tikka I asked my friendly RFD to check on the availability of a Sako75 in 7mm08 in stainless laminate, sporter barrel. GMK said it would be months, if ever. I called a friend in Sweden who called Sako in Finland who confirmed that they had what I wanted in stock. The hardest part was to get GMK off dead centre to place an order with Sako. I had my new rifle within three weeks.

Back