Thread: Looking for a BMH stud dog.

Looking for a BMH stud dog.

Either next season or the season after, I will be looking to line my BMH bitch and am therefore beginning the search for a suitable stud dog.

I think it is important to start looking now so that I can spend time arranging to see prospective dogs and others can see the bitch.

My reasons for looking to breed from her are that I want to keep a line going from her as she has great temperament, a quick learner and is good at tracking which personally I feel are good traits.

The breeding is something that will be thoroughly researched as I want to help better the breed for it's working capabilities.

Any prospective sire will need to be KC registered, working, hip scored and free from known health risks associated with the breed such as fits and heart problems. I am also aware that some lines have aggression issues and therefore would not like to breed from dogs with this problem.

For those who may be interested, my bitches details can be found at the following link:

http://www.bazabgs.com/baza.php?op=dog_details&dog=16716

I am currently arranging a hip scoring for my bitch so will be able to provide the details for this to owners of prospective sires shortly. For reference, the sire and dam scored 9 and 8 respectively.

Test matings can be tried on the following kennel club link by putting your dogs details in as well as my bitches ( zerno brazen).

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/services/public/mateselect/kinship/Default.aspx?breed=1117

My bitch is from a litter from Mark and Alison Montgomery so for obvious reasons I will not be looking to use a dog from either of the same parents.

If you have a dog which you think may be a suitable mate please send me a pm with details.

Thank you

David

I would look to using a dog from the continent, you will probably get a better match and increase your chances of finding unrelated dogs , if you choose to keep a pup and breed on. there are very few dogs here used as stud dogs and as such the lines are closing down again.
    You will also get a stud with proven working ability.

It might be a good idea to start the pet passport process now ahead of time so that you can travel with the bitch to a stud dog outside of the uk/ire if desired . Just a thought

Is that bazabgs website not in operation anymore??
    I've tried to sign up but to no avail.

looking for a BMH stud dog

Why not contact the BMH society in this country they will at least give you a steer in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceball View Post
    Is that bazabgs website not in operation anymore??
    I've tried to sign up but to no avail.
    I have just logged on just now and it is working

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Why not contact the BMH society in this country they will at least give you a steer in the right direction.
    I am a member of the BMH Society and will speak to them however I am aware that not everyone who owns a BMH is so I am looking elsewhere as well

I am a member of the BMH Society and will speak to them however I am aware that not everyone who owns a BMH is so I am looking elsewhere as well[/QUOTE]

As Kit says it worth speaking to Pete the chairman ha know most of the lines in this country even if they are not in the society

[QUOTE=david1976;366248]I have just logged on just now and it is working

I have requested to sign up on two occasions and I have not gotten any confirmation via e-mail as to my requests. I see also that some of the forum is locked and no posts up for a while.
    Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread....

[QUOTE=spaceball;366318]
    Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    I have just logged on just now and it is working

I have requested to sign up on two occasions and I have not gotten any confirmation via e-mail as to my requests. I see also that some of the forum is locked and no posts up for a while.
    Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread....
    There are posts on the forum from yesterday and none of the topics are "locked" so im not sure what you are on about.

[QUOTE=david1976;366324]
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceball View Post

There are posts on the forum from yesterday and none of the topics are "locked" so im not sure what you are on about.
    I'm not talking about logging in I'm talking about signing up to the website.
    I am not a member and want to sign up to use the website. When not a member some of the topics are not available that's what I'm talking about when saying topics are locked.
    I'll send them an email. Thanks anyway