Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd badger in 12months

3rd badger in 12months

on the a55 this morning i run over my 3rd welsh badger in 12 months ,i have had a few misses as well.never seen so many .personally find the 34 tonne volvo at 56mph with a load of audi cars puts them flat

Regular Poster
    Last year i thought there was a lot of badger road kills in the Galloway area! This year there seems to be at least twice as many! the population is expanding at a hellova rate! No natural predaters and all the sets are registered! so i suppose we shall have to be alert for them at night!

ATB Barry

Quote Originally Posted by derek.snr View Post
    on the a55 this morning i run over my 3rd welsh badger in 12 months ,i have had a few misses as well.never seen so many .personally find the 34 tonne volvo at 56mph with a load of audi cars puts them flat
    I wondered who the marksman was!, I also have Badger hits in the trucks, but the most shocking was one that chose to pass under a Sherpa minibus I once owned, shook the van to it's core, bent the steps on the towing rig........... It then carried on its way!!!!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Only 3? Your not trying hard enough ��

Best thing for them.

Ok with a 34 Tonne Volvo but I hate to think what would happen if I hit one with my little Clio!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by barry thom View Post
    Last year i thought there was a lot of badger road kills in the Galloway area! This year there seems to be at least twice as many! the population is expanding at a hellova rate! No natural predaters and all the sets are registered! so i suppose we shall have to be alert for them at night!

ATB Barry
    Not so many road kills as I've seen in the past, though we did have a near miss driving home a few nights ago... But... I reckon badger numbers around here are now at an all time high.

Incidentally, and just out of curiosity.... How can ALL badger setts possibly be "registered"?

For instance, I know of one sett dug quite recently that I'm pretty sure no-one else can possibly know about it, unless they've been contravening the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003, as it's located in an area, belonging to me, to which "access rights" do not extend.

there has never been so many dead badgers on our roads in surrey as this year . deffo a very big encrease in numbers around here we see more badgers on the lamp than foxes at the moment .

If I had a quid for every time I've been told by some numpty that the badgers they see by the side of the road have all been dumped by shooters, I'd be a rich man...

My wife hit one at speed in a old laguna, it wrote of the car, good news was there was very little of the badger left so it didn't get away

Andy