Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand National today

Grand National today

Good morning everyone! Do any of you have a bet on the Grand National at 4.15pm today? I have two: West End Rocker and According to Pete, both to win. Each way bets are for the unambitious...

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Good morning everyone! Do any of you have a bet on the Grand National at 4.15pm today? I have two: West End Rocker and According to Pete, both to win. Each way bets are for the unambitious...
    So is hopeing two will win. More often than not i don`t bother anymore, just as well throw a dart at the racecard. Any horse can win it.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Funnily enough the wife said that I ought to think about putting a couple of quid on "According To Pete"! I'm not too sure about this one though as I am always proven to be wrong (As far as she is concerned)!
    Best of luck to those that fancy a quick flutter anyway!
    Pete
    Last edited by FrenchieBoy; 14-04-2012 at 07:42.

The only bet I'd put on is that a horse will win.

I'll be pinging a tenner on a a barrel of UHU with a pulse.....it's a 100-1 outsider, but given the way this thing can pan out, anything from the best horse in the world to a panto nag could cross the line first!!
    Easy street, here I come...... and I'm only having a flutter on a specific hoss for a specific reason - there's a 'name association-ish thing'. And that's abut as scientific as it gets.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Um, I don't even know how to place a bet!!!!!
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I had both Synchronised and According to Pete.
    Saw Synchronised run in the Gold Cup at Cheltenham. Its a real shame....

One of my horses fell at the first fence, the other one died towards the end. I've lost bets on the Grand National before, but I have to say that having a horse die on me is a new low.

I had a fiver on Synchronised. The poor Creature was doomed from that point.

Yorkie.