Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako rifle stock

Sako rifle stock

Hi all I have a Sako 85 in .22-250 ss, with the factory black stock. I want to put a better stock on but am having trouble finding anything to fit. Mcmillan list the A3-5 and also a A5 for the 85, but after getting hold of them they said no they do not do them to fit an 85.
    Has any one got any ideas, is there a choice out there. I ordered this rifle with the gray wolf stock but they were in short supply so ended up with the placky one, so if you have a gray laminate around I might be intrested.Any clues?.

Have a look at these. HOME - GRSRIFLESTOCKS

Jackson rifles are the importers.

Thanks is there any one using one and what do you think?

Hi Leeroy,

I have a Sako 75 rifle with a timber stock and I'm currently looking a synthetic stock.
    I will check up if your stock can fit my rifle. How much are you looking for your stock and can you please upload some photos of it?

Regards,
    Cyril Givan

accepting a factory synthetic stock for a factory wood sako 75 if about the same as cutting off your right arm to accept a free prosthetic replacement,,would you!

I would certainly swap wood for synthetic.

I like pretty wood on a shotgun, but not on a rifle. I've been trying to find a plastic or laminate stock for a Sako Finnfire for the last few months, but no luck so far.

Cyril, don't think 75 and 85 stocks are interchangeable.

I have a spare 75 synthetic stock here of my 22/250. You can try it if you want. Keith has my number.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

sako 85 in mcmillan hunter and classic are available. Danpd fitted an 85 into a 75 mac stock but i understand a lot of work was involved . PM him if you need more info

atb steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dovebob View Post
    I would certainly swap wood for synthetic.

I like pretty wood on a shotgun, but not on a rifle. I've been trying to find a plastic or laminate stock for a Sako Finnfire for the last few months, but no luck so far.
    In the US. Steve Wooster does them :

http://www.steelchickens.com/forums/...php?f=3&t=3663

DL,

I looked on that link, but it seemed to be a guy selling one on a forum. Have you any more details for Steve Wooster.

Cheers,

Bob