Jayb

6pointer

Old john came down for his annual visit and sadly could only stay for two stalks. One was in Glasgow the other in a more rural area. He saw a few deer and took him self a nice big roe buck 46 lb clean with near 9 inch antlers. The shot was on the money and it was lying in the field when i approached him you can see in the picture the buck on the ground in the distance. Second picture shows the size of him . I Know john was ****ing about with video so i hope it turns out and we can see it.

john040.jpg

johnsdeer002.jpg

well done jayb & 6pointer . must have been a brave man to sit in that seat dont look to safe glad u never posted me that design:stir: lol

Well Done 6P,

John, good on you, about time you connected instead of letting everyone else take the deer.

TJ

Gentlemen,

thank you for your kind responses and as for the others!

Muir, I will tell you that it took two substantive ropes to hold that beast down!

Wallace, yes that was the Blaser deflowered :D

The story is I had driven down to Davies during the day, and met him at his house. We dined on Fallow steaks, thank you Eddy, then we made our way to this bit of ground. I have been to this bit before and like it, the field of fire is restricted due to the proximity of houses, footpaths and roads, but where you can shoot is very safe with substantial banking forming a backstop. The high seat is not quite as "pretty" as last year owing to the fact that the tree next to to it was struck by lightening and several tons of it hit the seat! Nevertheless it is in a cracking position in an area with deer. We had only been there about 30 minutes or so when I spotted 3 deer in the tree line opposite the seat, a doe with two yearling kids a buck and a doe. I started messing about videoing them and lost track of time, in fact I had no clue, must be an age thing:eek:. Anyway I then got a text message from Davie telling me he had seen a good buck that might be moving my way, I then heard a buck barking, a full on territorial bark nothing shy about it at all, turns out it was barking at Davie, a discerning deer!

A few minutes after this I spotted a movement in the tree line at the edge of the field to my left, up with the bins and there are two beasts moving through the trees, they then broke the tree line and entered the field and I saw that the one in front was a good size buck so down with the buns and up with the gun. The deer by now had moved into the safe field of fire, and moving quite briskly so I gave him a squeak and nothing so I whistled and he slowed down and turned his head to look in my direction. Slow enough was good enough and I pulled the trigger and saw the strike and watched him drop on the spot. There was a blur in the scope as the other one rushed past, never did see that one properly don't even know what sex it was. All this took about 15 seconds to happen. So that was it off home, couple of glasses of wine and then bed.

Thanks Davie, I'll get the big bugger next time :D

I'll do a wee video and post it later..

John

Good wee write up John and i now must thank you for telling me fibs about your motherinlaw. I will say i had a good night and glad all went well.

Back