Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Alternative turrets for Schmidt and Bender PMII

  1. #1

    Alternative turrets for Schmidt and Bender PMII

    I'm just wondering if anyone has found alternative turrets for the PMII for marking your own data on? Or perhaps you have found a workable solution to the current ones? I have used tape but I don't like loosing the current markings to do it.

  2. #2
    If you are running a .30 cal the Accuracy International ones wont be far out, I think they are set for a 155 projectile with BC of .4 with MV of 2730fps

    Dave

  3. #3
    Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Posts
    2,610
    I assume you mean for faster selection?

    As the PM2's are graduated at 1cm at 100m or 1/4 MOA, I don't see whay you would need to mark your own settings? Just put some "Sniper" tape on the scope with the 100-500m (or whatever distance you need) settings, then it's just a turn of the turret to the various markings?

    You could contact Schmidt direct, they have been helpful in the past and might supply a blank turret or even a turret that has been scored at whatever interval setting you want..

    TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

  4. #4
    Yes its .30 and one of my loads is 155gr. Can you give me a link? I have found blank ones on the sporting services site. Do the AI ones need to be fitted back a the factory? or slide on like the covers?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    I assume you mean for faster selection?

    As the PM2's are graduated at 1cm at 100m or 1/4 MOA, I don't see whay you would need to mark your own settings? Just put some "Sniper" tape on the scope with the 100-500m (or whatever distance you need) settings, then it's just a turn of the turret to the various markings?

    You could contact Schmidt direct, they have been helpful in the past and might supply a blank turret or even a turret that has been scored at whatever interval setting you want..

    TJ
    Depends what you mean by sniper tape. I have put rubberized tape on before but it covers up the markings and I like to see them. How do you take measurements for S&B to mark up a custom turret?

  6. #6
    You can get a custom turret made to suit your load from. Kenton Industries

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by palo View Post
    You can get a custom turret made to suit your load from. Kenton Industries
    Great site but it looks like they are all in yards and I want meters!

  8. #8
    http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/optical.asp

    The first full scope you see has graduations on the turrets as described above but I note that one is specificaly for V long .50 so they must do them with differing graduations but you just leteraly laze it then turn it to however many metres; it is in 100m graduations so might not be accurate enogh for what you want if it is for a deer rifle. I have just done a drop chart laminated it and taped it to the Eye Piece bell ring at 25m graduations

    at the bottom of the link they do blank drums you can set up as you please.

    Dave

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Great site but it looks like they are all in yards and I want meters!
    I noticed on their order form you can select yards or meters.
    You could send them a email to make sure.
    I have a couple and they work great.

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25 X 56; Police Marksman
    By schmidtandbender in forum Optics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 21-05-2011, 16:24
  2. For Sale Brand New-Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25 X 56; Police Marksman
    By schmidtandbender in forum Optics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 21:49
  3. For Sale Schmidt & Bender PMII
    By schmidtman in forum Optics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-04-2011, 22:49
  4. *SOLD* Schmidt & Bender PMII 3-12x50 (34mm tube)
    By flyingfisherman in forum Optics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 19:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •