Thread: Sellier & Bellot Exergy bullets/ammo

Sellier & Bellot Exergy bullets/ammo

Anybody experience with these bullets/ammo? Leadfree European bullet. Germany starts banning bullets wich contain lead in certain areas. 2014 is mentioned as a total ban on "bullets" wich contain lead. The rest of Europe will folow step by step?

Slightly off topic but I also read that airgun pellets made of lead will also be banned.
    Not tried any of the bullets mentioned but have read good reviews about them and it seems they hold together and mushroom very conisistantly with minimal weight loss.Accuracy is good too so no excuses for not using them as far as I can make out.
    The ammo manufacturers have all been working with some form of lead free projectile material,But what will become of the cast bullit for the lever guns.As far as I can make out the options are all lighter than the original materials by a fair old margine in some instances.Surely this will handicap a load that requires 160 grain bullet with small overall dimensions for accuracy?????? and a lighter bullet with light loads of propellant just don't cut the mustard whan shooting cowboy comps.
    I think the S&B bullits are copper or copper alloyed with something else ,they seem to be around the correct weight for size when compared to "standard" jacketed bullets.So presumably this means that all the really old guns will be getting rebarrelled to cope with the harder and faster wearing ammo.I have read that one guy said his barrels rifling did not take too kindly to the solids,but this is the only one complaint that I have heard of,every other review has been positive and a couple were actually glowing with praise for the "new" bullet.

So we shall see the death of the .22L/R then .

All this on a bit of whim. Instead of lead free we need silly free rules and laws.

"silly free" will never catch on!!!! Actually we want to involve the timber industry in this. Meeting lead in a piece oftimber doesn't worry the machinery at all harder metals can lead to an increase in accidents! Thinking laterally may be good.

David.

I doubt getting the "Timber" folks on board will make any difference. It does not fit into the agender being pursued so it will be sidelined or simply ignored.

I know, that silly "green" ideas kill the world. But who's going to change these ideas?? The border area Belgium/France/ North Sea had two world wars on his ground. No place on earth will have more lead in his environment and still I never heard of more cancers or whatever in this area compared to other parts of Belgium. But we have a complete ban on lead shot ( not big game bullets) for all shooting.

Exactly ........................ it has sod all to do with facts and evidence but a lot to do with some peoples/groups agendas.

I thought that the Germans had recently moved away from lead free bullets because of riccochets following a few nasty accidents & deaths.

Ian

It's stupid anyway. Big lumps of lead don't cause lead poisoning. Bi-availability of en-masse lead is extremely low. The problem with lead poisoning comes from compounds of lead (such as the tetra-ethyl lead that used to be added to petrol) that allow the lead into the atmosphere in a far more bio-available form.

You could swallow lead bullets all day long and have no problem with lead toxicity. Ditto lead shot. Birds can ingest the balls and they will pass through the gut with little to no incorporation of the lead into their bodily tissues. Another case of green hysteria overtaking common sense or scientific method. You can almost trace the logic...

Lead in petrol is bad, so surely any kind of lead is bad. Therefore we must ban all kinds of lead from everything.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    It's stupid anyway. Big lumps of lead don't cause lead poisoning. Bi-availability of en-masse lead is extremely low. The problem with lead poisoning comes from compounds of lead (such as the tetra-ethyl lead that used to be added to petrol) that allow the lead into the atmosphere in a far more bio-available form.

You could swallow lead bullets all day long and have no problem with lead toxicity. Ditto lead shot. Birds can ingest the balls and they will pass through the gut with little to no incorporation of the lead into their bodily tissues. Another case of green hysteria overtaking common sense or scientific method. You can almost trace the logic...

Lead in petrol is bad, so surely any kind of lead is bad. Therefore we must ban all kinds of lead from everything.
    Oh no what about my pencil?

Surely they cannot ban lead for that?