Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer stalking boots choices

Summer stalking boots choices

Hi
    The usual 'hard' Vibram soles can be a bit noisy! What experience do members have of softer lightweight soled boots but which still give good ankle support and are waterproof? Any experience of new Harkila Lynx 9" or Courtenay Patrol marketed by Westley Richards? Among the zillions of military firms are there any particular suppliers / boots worth looking at?
    Cheers
    K

I've been wearing the Danner Jackal II boots now for a year (summer only) and they seem very good. No sign of wearing out either! They are extremely lightweight, about the same as a trainer, very comfortable but not very warm. Ideal for summer evening stalks!
    http://www.danner.com/jackaltm-ii-gt...ing-boots.html

Much cheaper if you can get someone to bring you some back from USA!!!
    MS

Krabyn
    I wear Irish Setter 869 ground sensing boots, they are light weight and have a very flexible sole.
    They are available in this country from Countrywear Clothing but the price tag is 200 I got mine from the states and they cost 80!!!!!
    I find them perfect for summer stalking.

ATB Andy

For all spring/summer/light autumn work, stalking, walking, hiking, etc. I have used the Berghaus Explorers (65), which are great for ankle support, dexterity, waterproofing, breathability, 'feel'. I just cannot fault them or find a better 'all round' boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Krabryn View Post
    Hi
    The usual 'hard' Vibram soles can be a bit noisy! What experience do members have of softer lightweight soled boots but which still give good ankle support and are waterproof? Any experience of new Harkila Lynx 9" or Courtenay Patrol marketed by Westley Richards? Among the zillions of military firms are there any particular suppliers / boots worth looking at?
    Cheers
    K

Hi get bin touch with www.blackislander.co.uk they have some cracking boots made for them for stalking .

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I've been wearing the Danner Jackal II boots now for a year (summer only) and they seem very good. No sign of wearing out either! They are extremely lightweight, about the same as a trainer, very comfortable but not very warm. Ideal for summer evening stalks!
    http://www.danner.com/jackaltm-ii-gt...ing-boots.html

Much cheaper if you can get someone to bring you some back from USA!!!
    MS

+1

Had mine for 3 years, they stand up to use and abuse, very comfortable, and above all Quiet.
    A bit 'spendy' in UK, as are all US products, but worth it IMHO.

Ex army desert boots if hot.

Berghaus Explorer boots. Light and require very little breaking in. Im not usualy a fan of goretex lined boots but these have lasted me a couple of years.

+1 for ex army desert boots. Strong, cheap.

im with the irish setters......